Author: linlinlinlin

CNN: Can China become a melting pot?   [Copy link] 中文

Post time 2013-4-28 00:38:19 |Display all floors
As China increases in power, prosperity and self-confidence, and as the non-Han minorities are more assimilated due to economic opportunities, this issue (which is still a problem even in Canada) will be less of a problem. I believe that race and small cultures are rather unimportant. We will end up with a fairly common world culture blending primarily Chinese and Anglo-Saxon qualities. Special ethnic foods, music are quite pleasant, but all humans share the same basic needs and values. Standardization is more efficient in meeting these basic needs.
What's on your mind...

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2013-4-28 00:53:06 |Display all floors
Prometheus2 Post time: 2013-4-21 08:12
One of the major factors in Rome's success was that it wasn't xenophobic at all and was a melting  ...

Yes. But there was a basic problem of lack of rapid communication, scientific knowledge plus an undemocratic Roman government with lots of corruption. Humanity was not yet sufficiently advanced to sustain a peaceful and efficient multi-ethnic large state. Only now are we approaching that level. A world federalist government is probably 100 years in the future. Meanwhile we have to avoid wars. China and the US, by becoming trusting allies, hold the key to that future. European Union, Japan, India and Russia will join the effort. Such a combination cannot be defeated.
What's on your mind...

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2013-4-28 00:58:39 |Display all floors
Reminder: Author is prohibited or removed, and content is automatically blocked

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2013-4-28 01:08:05 |Display all floors
magnetic1974 Post time: 2013-4-28 00:58
My guarantee 100% for you with my steel toe booth into your fat and ugly buuutt.

Keep dreaming  ...

The guarantee is that rat truths are as enduring as the last communist committee decision.
I've made my living, Mr. Thompson, in large part as a gambler. Some days I make twenty bets, some days I make none. There are weeks, sometimes months, in fact, when I don't make any bet at all because ...

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2013-4-28 01:13:28 |Display all floors

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2013-4-28 02:23:18 |Display all floors
   NEVER AGAIN  !

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2013-4-28 04:31:53 |Display all floors
Revolutionar Post time: 2013-4-27 12:12
You saying Americans made a mistake allowing you in?

i was here before there was an America spider boy.

Use magic tools Report

You can't reply post until you log in Log in | register

BACK TO THE TOP
Contact us:Tel: (86)010-84883548, Email: blog@chinadaily.com.cn
Blog announcement:| We reserve the right, and you authorize us, to use content, including words, photos and videos, which you provide to our blog
platform, for non-profit purposes on China Daily media, comprising newspaper, website, iPad and other social media accounts.