Author: linlinlinlin

CNN: Can China become a melting pot?   [Copy link] 中文

Post time 2013-8-12 16:07:35 |Display all floors
Continued fro, above:
Continued:

More details could be accessed at http://www.countercurrents.org/polya230109.htm. Will include only this (below):

>British mass murder of Indians commenced with the Great Bengal Famine in 1769-1779 (10 million deaths), concluded with the WW2 Bengal Famine (6-7 million deaths) and Churchill-inspired Indian Partition - and in between excess deaths (avoidable deaths) in 2 centuries of racist British rule totalled 1.8 billion. Yet these horrendous realities utterly ignored by Anglo historians (with a few notable exceptions) in a process of continuing, racist holocaust denial.

This is what Colin Mason says of the Bengal Famine in his “A Short History of Asia” (Macmillan, London, 2000, p178): “The famine, little publicized at the time because of war-time censorship, and, inexplicably, still ignored by many modern histories of India and most standard reference works … Several of the factors mentioned above suggest a British “scorched earth policy: design to deny assets in Bengal to the Japanese, at a monstrous cost, should they successfully invade India, Those consequences severely indict British policy-makers of the time, and the failure to investigate and acknowledge them, is to the discredit of all subsequent British governments”.
More important are these comments:

>Today we have the same continuing ignoring, denial, excusing and minimizing of not just the Bengal Famine (6-7 million dead) and the British Indian Holocaust (1.8 billion excess deaths) but of the continuing, present-day atrocities of the Palestinian Genocide, the Iraqi Genocide and the Afghan Genocide ( post-invasion excess deaths 0.3 million, 2 million and 4-6 million, respectively; post-invasion under-5 infant deaths 0.2 million , 0.6 million and 2.1 million, respectively; and refugees totalling 7 million, 6 million and 4 million, respectively)....

....There is an ongoing Muslim Holocaust that is simply ignored by the West. Thus post-1950 avoidable deaths (excess deaths, deaths that did not have to happen) total 1.3 billion (the World), 1.2 billion (the non-European World) and 0.6 billion (the Muslim World), these estimates being consonant with estimates of post-1950 under-5 year old infant deaths totalling 0.88 billion (the World), 0.85 billion (the non-European World) and 0.4 billion (the Muslim World). 16 million people die avoidably each year on a Spaceship Earth (roughly half of them Muslims) with the First World in charge of the flight deck. Yet this ongoing Muslim Holocaust is utterly ignored in the racist, lying, Zionist-dominated Western Murdochracies...." <

In short, while we know why Native Americans called the Anglos people with a "forked tongue"  - the lying and propaganda that covered or glossed over extermination campaigns for the past 500 or so years - it is the West's CONTINUING GENOCIDES in our time ALL OVER THE WORLD that must occupy our attention. We might not understand the insanity that led to over FIFTY US MILITARY INTERVENTIONS/INVASIONS of Latin America since WW2, or the continuing lynching of innocent blacks in the US during "picnics" as well as legalized lynchings, shootings, as well as  mass incarceration of blacks in today's jails , but we ought to prepare ourselves for same future faced by other colored peoples.  This coming war against China, Chinese culture and people have started with the West's hegemonic media manipulating our so-called "scholars", "leaders" and "institutions" to the extent that for many thoughtless Chinese, white has become equivalent to "good" and yellow, brown, and black are "bad" or inferior. The onslaught in our newspapers and blogs have been undertaken by the people similar to the Harvard Mafia that brought down Yeltsin's Russia and Suharto's Indonesia, down to pitiful mental midgets like Seneca whose vomit continues to stain our nation's bandwidth.

A historical summary next.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2013-8-12 17:42:00 |Display all floors
LawrenceD Post time: 2013-8-8 22:53
An example of what I meant by the bloodthirstiness that's "within" the Anglo-Saxon character...
Exce ...
World War 1 promotion.....

Not you too?

How in the world are you going to blame the british for WWI?  

You go on talking about the evils of colonization (and I agree), but what the austrian-hungarian empire was doing enslaving the slavic peoples and stealing their resources...well...no reason to fight over that!
I guess its supposed to feel different because they are all white?  That doing the same thing only matters if your skin is a different color?

WWI was the great war of independence.  It was a just war.  Millions of people were freed of austrian-hungarian & ottoman rule.  New countries finally, after hundreds of years of oppression, got their freedom.

Had very little to do with 'anglos'.

It was a bosnian serb who pulled the trigger on WWI starting in motion the great war of independence.

How dare you take that away from them?

Behold the turtle. He makes progress only when he sticks his neck out.

-  James Bryant Conant

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2013-8-12 17:47:08 |Display all floors
An example of what I meant by the bloodthirstiness that's "within" the Anglo-Saxon character...
Exce ...
UK and US invasion of Russia 1917-1919 [millions died in the Russian Civil War and the subsequent Russian Famine; 7 million died in the circa 1930 Ukrainian Famine; and perhaps up to 20 million died overall in Stalinist atrocities].

Oh please!!!  Now the US and UK are responsible for the Russian revolution?  Have you no shame?  Why insult Russia like this?

Since when have Russians been the bitches of the anglos?  Excuse my language here, but seriously.  Could you insult them more?

The Russian Revolution was their own internal matter.  The UK and US had little to no influence over the direction of Russia's future.

They didn't then, and they don't now.  Russians are not some kind of weak-minded, brainless idiots with no thoughts or desires of their own.

You should apologize for that insult.

-  James Bryant Conant

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2013-8-12 17:49:29 |Display all floors
Exce ...
Promotion of Japan entry into World War 2 in order to involve the US and hence ensure victory [35 million Chinese avoidable deaths, 1937-1945; 6-7 million Indians starved, Bengal 1943-1945; millions more died in the WW2 Eastern Theatre].

The US put an embargo on Japan after they invaded China.  At the time, the US was the largest exporter of oil and that was feeding the japanese war machine.  After we saw what they did to China, they were cut off from any supplies from the US leading them to attack us on Pearl Harbor.

-  James Bryant Conant

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2013-8-12 17:52:10 |Display all floors
Exce ...
World War 2 promotion [World War 2 military deaths 25 million and civilian deaths about 67 million].

What did the british do to 'promote' WWII?

There are plenty enough things that the British did if you want to call them out.

No need to make up stuff.  It doesn't help your cause.

-  James Bryant Conant

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2013-8-12 18:16:21 |Display all floors
>The Russian Revolution was their own internal matter.<

No, the Revolution was, in fact, aided by Germany who helped send Lenin back to his country. There was a Western coalition attack on the new Soviet Union, ostensibly to prevent weapons from falling into the hands of the Germans, but actually to prevent the revolutionaries from overthrowing the Tsar. At any rate, that was a posting from Dr Polya, not my words (though he spoke the truth).

I don't like Wikipedia as it's often hijacked by interested parties, but here's something on the Allied intervention -  http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/All ... e_Russian_Civil_War

Will post articles about it later.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2013-8-12 18:30:55 |Display all floors
>How dare you take that away from them?<

Read carefully - it is Dr Polya's contention, though I think is largely true and there are other points of view, including yours. To many - and in my school's history texts (during the 1950s - yes, I'm at my 7th decade of life) the focus was actually on WW1 being one that no one wanted but was sparked by so-called "entangling alliances." The "noble" character of the war defined by its results - liberation from the Austro-Hungarian empire - was seldom mentioned, partly because that was not the motivation by any of the protoganists. As for the Ottoman, that's also a controversial view which we can debate later.

Use magic tools Report

You can't reply post until you log in Log in | register

BACK TO THE TOP
Contact us:Tel: (86)010-84883548, Email: blog@chinadaily.com.cn
Blog announcement:| We reserve the right, and you authorize us, to use content, including words, photos and videos, which you provide to our blog
platform, for non-profit purposes on China Daily media, comprising newspaper, website, iPad and other social media accounts.