Author: iam2am

Peasants Protest before Japan's embassy in Beijing (photo attached) [Copy link] 中文

bchung has been deleted
Post time 2004-4-27 23:45:03 |Display all floors

i recall there was a pretty large rally infront of the american embassy

Reminder: Author is prohibited or removed, and content is automatically blocked

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2004-4-28 22:12:26 |Display all floors

embassy and consulate protests

I still don't see why these peasants at the Japanese embassy are news at all.

On any given day of the week, go to the Chinese embassy (or one of the consulates) in the U.S., and there's a pretty good chance that there will be a few protestors outside, holding up a sign about 7ibet, 7aiwan, F@lon Gong, etc.

D.H.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2004-4-29 16:37:56 |Display all floors

the actiong shall be admired.

we  are often too undemonstrative. we are often appear too effeminate.
but they do ,they expressed their thought.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2004-4-29 22:34:48 |Display all floors

re: xiaoding

in that regard, i guess you are right.

ts

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2004-4-30 20:38:39 |Display all floors

reply to seneca....

With all due respect, I think yours is a BAD idea.

Better to not allow any protests at all.  Don't let farmers think that they have the right to petition anyone for redress of grievances.  First the Japanese Embassy, next the Great Hall of the People.

No, better send them all home.

D.H.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2004-4-30 23:47:00 |Display all floors

why university students keep silent?

When I saw Dalai Lama showed up in Canada,  and there was no protests from overseas Chinese or Chinese international students, my mind was a little bit confused. Some Chinese friends told me that if there is another world war, China may lose, even though they have more developed or sophisticated weapons, but China lost the most powerful and efficient one, the union of the people. Look at Iraq, if every body has the same mind, I mean against U.S.'s invasion and occupation, things would  be different as it is now.
The point is that China has to go over it's quality of education. For international Chinese students, it seems that there are two distinct groups, one is those who study hard merely seek for a high marks, and the other group is those who only seek for entertainment. For these overseas Chinese students, patriotism keeps far away from them. Somebody even alleges that Chinese now have the least patriotism.
How ever, Chinese are not born with least patriotism, so think about China's education system and quality. China's peasants, though receive the least education, keep a vehement heart towards their country. It's a kind of irony.
Chinese are smart, but in the wrong way......

Use magic tools Report

You can't reply post until you log in Log in | register

BACK TO THE TOP
Contact us:Tel: (86)010-84883548, Email: blog@chinadaily.com.cn
Blog announcement:| We reserve the right, and you authorize us, to use content, including words, photos and videos, which you provide to our blog
platform, for non-profit purposes on China Daily media, comprising newspaper, website, iPad and other social media accounts.