Author: voice_cd

What major troubles have you encountered in China?   [Copy link] 中文

Post time 2013-11-4 23:05:21 |Display all floors
iyes

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2013-12-18 05:47:14 |Display all floors
I was hit by a police motorcycle while walking alone the footpath in Shenzhen
Stan, you're holding a gun to God's head. I can't think of a metaphor that's better than this.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2014-2-16 11:56:27 |Display all floors
So you'd better research china carefully before you come, here not only a happy land for foreigners. Good luck to you all !!!
https://fashiontrend.taobao.com, show fashion clothing, handbag, luggage, shoes, jewelry, etc.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2014-2-23 22:41:54 |Display all floors
Had my bag stolen when I was in a restaurant and my mandarin phrase book was in my bag so had a nightmare trying to explain what had gone on to staff. They called the police and an English speaking policeman arrived which was fine he took me to the police station to make a statement. But then left me there. I did not speak mandarin. So just kind of sat there for a long time. I ended up calling my friend who translated for me. In the end it was fine just one of those things but lost a lot of photos

In GZ a small child grabbed hold of my leg and would not let go until I bought flowers from her.

In GZ the taxi I was in was going really fast as he was being chased by a group of men in a car. Not sure what it was about but the driver looked terrified. We did lose them eventually.

Shanghai taxi driver charged too much for the taxi ride. He would not give me the receipt as I was going to report him. He eventually charged me the right amount guess he thought he could get away with it.

I do love china though my experiences have nearly always been good. Like any where there are good and bad things it is about being aware of whats going on.
a dream is only a dream because you have not made it reality yet

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2014-3-4 14:54:58 |Display all floors
I resembles the local Chinese so I was taken as one wherever I go. Kind of blend in well with the local. There was one occasion where the railway authority checks on everyone's ID before boarding a train. I complied with my red passport all printed in English. He was reading the passport upside down and within 2 seconds return to me with a puzzle look. Perhaps thinking I am some diplomats.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2014-4-21 17:28:36 |Display all floors
This post was edited by chessgame at 2014-4-21 17:30

since many people always queue to use the toilet in china,the squatting toilet was thought to be the best  way to get people out of it quickly so as to make way for those waiting.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2014-4-21 17:36:54 |Display all floors
i have been misled many times trying to find my destintation.many times i have been shown the wrong direction.is hard for a chinese to say sorry i don't know the place you are trying to find.instead they will put you off your course by pointing to a place they themselves don't know.i wonder why they can't say i don't know where you are asking.with this i have learned my lesson never to ask directions from chinese on the street.

Use magic tools Report

You can't reply post until you log in Log in | register

BACK TO THE TOP
Contact us:Tel: (86)010-84883548, Email: blog@chinadaily.com.cn
Blog announcement:| We reserve the right, and you authorize us, to use content, including words, photos and videos, which you provide to our blog
platform, for non-profit purposes on China Daily media, comprising newspaper, website, iPad and other social media accounts.