Author: messi30

You've never been in China   [Copy link] 中文

2016 Most Popular Member CD top contributor in April 2015 Most Popular Member Medal of honor Medal of honor

Post time 2013-5-5 16:48:44 |Display all floors
querist Post time: 2013-5-5 10:15
I've never tried that, but I don't travel alone in China at the moment because I'm always there on ...

Hopefully you will be able to travel more in the future. Most Chinese people have seen so little of their own country and have little desire to do so.

I have travelled to parts of China that do not appear on the average map and I recommend it if you have time.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2013-5-8 03:46:23 |Display all floors
futsanglung Post time: 2013-5-5 03:48
Hopefully you will be able to travel more in the future. Most Chinese people have seen so little o ...

I've been to a few of those "off the map" places, and like you most likely did I surprised a few people by being a foreigner who could speak their language. I enjoy the "off the map" places the most, but business usually does not take me there.

Most of the Chinese that I've known have not seen much of their own country but want to do so. I guess it just depends on the individual.

Use magic tools Report

2016 Most Popular Member CD top contributor in April 2015 Most Popular Member Medal of honor Medal of honor

Post time 2013-5-8 07:34:37 |Display all floors
querist Post time: 2013-5-8 03:46
I've been to a few of those "off the map" places, and like you most likely did I surprised a few p ...

Yes, the Chinese do want to see their own country but sadly only the predictable places. There seems to be a lack of a sense of adventure amongst the younger Chinese. Have you noticed how they do not take pics of scenery, only of people posing in front of scenery?

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2013-5-8 10:16:36 |Display all floors
futsanglung Post time: 2013-5-8 07:34
Yes, the Chinese do want to see their own country but sadly only the predictable places. There see ...

well said and observed
some day Jiangsu will rule China

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2013-5-8 20:09:01 |Display all floors
futsanglung Post time: 2013-5-7 18:34
Yes, the Chinese do want to see their own country but sadly only the predictable places. There see ...

Again, different experiences, my friend. My colleague with whom I travel the most takes plenty of scenery pictures and THEN also takes a shot or two with someone posing, but she's extraordinary in many ways.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2013-5-8 21:15:08 |Display all floors
Reminder: Author is prohibited or removed, and content is automatically blocked
Disclaimer: Thoughtful responses will be enjoyed & in some cases, elicit a
response. All others from trolls,
conspiracy nuts and the willfully ignorant will be ignored. Thank you.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2013-5-9 07:53:17 |Display all floors
soapdodger Post time: 2013-5-8 21:15
I remember back about 10 years ago, when my digital camera wasn't working and I used a disposable c ...

I remember taking a film to be processed in Beijing along with my then Chinese wife, when we collected them there were nearly 200 prints from one reel. On questioning what had happened she told me she had ordered one copy of each for each person in the pic so if there were 10 people in the pic we got 10 prints! The man in the shop had not been fazed by this request and had dilligently counted the faces in every pic.

Use magic tools Report

You can't reply post until you log in Log in | register

BACK TO THE TOP
Contact us:Tel: (86)010-84883548, Email: blog@chinadaily.com.cn
Blog announcement:| We reserve the right, and you authorize us, to use content, including words, photos and videos, which you provide to our blog
platform, for non-profit purposes on China Daily media, comprising newspaper, website, iPad and other social media accounts.