Author: messi30

You've never been in China   [Copy link] 中文

Post time 2013-4-30 20:28:21 |Display all floors
messi30 Post time: 2013-4-30 07:21
I suspected your disagreements were relatively minor, I was right.

A soft agenda? And what exactly would that be?

As far as my disagreements being minor, you are correct. I do not live in China so I am not impacted by some of the more major things there. I think the only child policy needs rethinking and that China needs to regulate certain industries much more than it does now. Hukou still doesn't quite make sense to me. What else is there? I do not have access to the historical documents surrounding Tibet or the Diaoyu islands, so I can't really speak on those matters except from my own experiences in Tibet.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2013-4-30 20:33:58 |Display all floors
querist Post time: 2013-4-30 20:28
A soft agenda? And what exactly would that be?

As far as my disagreements being minor, you are co ...
What else is there? I do not have access to the historical documents surrounding Tibet or the Diaoyu islands,

I  have read you admiration for China (including the Chinese females) and it´s fine.

Feel free to open some thread with questions about China history and lets see how lucky you will be to get fair answers.
Denial, according the psychoanalysts, is one of the most primary mechanisms of defense. It consists in the attitude of denying or minimizing obvious facts of reality with which the individual can´t  cope or whose irresponsibility is unable to meet.

And I agree.

Use magic tools Report

2018 Most Popular Member 2016 Most Popular Member Glod Medal 2015 Most Popular Member 2012's Best Moderator Medal of honor August's Best Contributor 2012 July's Best Contributor 2012 Gold Medal

Post time 2013-5-3 16:43:15 From mobile |Display all floors
Kbay Posted On 2013-4-3 18:33:33
Go back to your own Daily Telegraph forum!

It no good you ignorant gweilos coming here giving u...

stupid bear going to tell all the gweilos not to come to china and buy Chinese product? as for the Barclay twins, they can bog on for not paying their way with corporation taxes

Use magic tools Report

2016 Most Popular Member CD top contributor in April 2015 Most Popular Member Medal of honor Medal of honor

Post time 2013-5-3 16:57:13 |Display all floors
querist Post time: 2013-4-24 02:09
Most of them are relatively minor.

The whole hukou system seems a bit odd to me. I have a friend ...

The system of showing ID in order to buy a train ticket is relatively new and was brought in to stop scalpers buying lots of tickets for trains at peak times and then selling them on at a profit, now the system only allows one ticket per ID per train. It is rare that the ticket and the ID are compared however it does happen and there are large fines for incorrect use.

All in all I think this is a good idea.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2013-5-4 01:37:11 |Display all floors
futsanglung Post time: 2013-5-3 03:57
The system of showing ID in order to buy a train ticket is relatively new and was brought in to st ...

I've never traveled by train in the US except subway, so scalping train tickets never occurred to me as being a problem. That's an interesting solution.

I just give my colleague my passport when she asks for it. I trust her.

Use magic tools Report

2016 Most Popular Member CD top contributor in April 2015 Most Popular Member Medal of honor Medal of honor

Post time 2013-5-4 07:29:55 |Display all floors
querist Post time: 2013-5-4 01:37
I've never traveled by train in the US except subway, so scalping train tickets never occurred to  ...

Usually you do not need your actual passport, the ticket office I use in Shanghai is happy for me just to quote my passport number. If I was so inclined I could get two tickets as my residence permit can be used for the same purpose.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2013-5-5 10:15:12 |Display all floors
futsanglung Post time: 2013-5-3 18:29
Usually you do not need your actual passport, the ticket office I use in Shanghai is happy for me  ...

I've never tried that, but I don't travel alone in China at the moment because I'm always there on business with my colleagues from China.

Use magic tools Report

You can't reply post until you log in Log in | register

BACK TO THE TOP
Contact us:Tel: (86)010-84883548, Email: blog@chinadaily.com.cn
Blog announcement:| We reserve the right, and you authorize us, to use content, including words, photos and videos, which you provide to our blog
platform, for non-profit purposes on China Daily media, comprising newspaper, website, iPad and other social media accounts.