Author: Danybrit

Trying to understand my Chinese Girlfriend PartII   [Copy link] 中文

Post time 2013-3-26 12:05:59 |Display all floors
LOL wow what a conversation I have started. Seneca makes the most sense. Some of you seem so sensitive. I just love this girl and was trying to understand her. I have never talked about marriage so stop it. Is there anyone out there that really understands me? Any American men been in my shoes? Maybe I should "grow a pair" and tell her that her ways offend me but actually they don't. When I finally understand what has upset her it actually makes sense to me. So  thanks for all your replies. I appreciate them all, even you Rat. LOL

Use magic tools Report

2018 Most Popular Member 2015 Most Popular Member Medal of honor Medal of honor Medal of honor

Post time 2013-3-26 14:37:33 |Display all floors
Danybrit Post time: 2013-3-26 12:05
LOL wow what a conversation I have started. Seneca makes the most sense. Some of you seem so sensiti ...

“Advice is what we ask for when we already know the answer but wish we didn't.”

Use magic tools Report

August's Best Contributor 2012 July's Best Contributor 2012

Post time 2013-3-26 16:48:27 |Display all floors
This post was edited by DSseeing at 2013-3-26 16:49

Be a Chinese man, my advice to you is "always try to pay it all at least put it on a show", never go AA with a Chinese girlfirend. It's a suicide
Life is what you make of it

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2013-3-27 08:35:38 |Display all floors
Thanks DSseeing, This conversation has been fun and a learning process, but finally, you gave me direct answer to my question. I assume you know what your talking about. =0

Use magic tools Report

August's Best Contributor 2012 July's Best Contributor 2012

Post time 2013-3-27 21:59:25 From mobile |Display all floors
Danybrit Posted On 2013-3-27 08:35:38
Thanks DSseeing, This conversation has been fun and a learning process, but finally, you gave me dir...

of course I know . I know Chinese women better than you . how are you getting along? if you love her , act like your wallet is hers. she won't find fault any more.good luck
Life is what you make of it

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2013-3-28 06:21:56 |Display all floors
We are getting along great, She makes me very happy. I'm curious,you say "of course I know" I assume your a Chinese man and know or how do you become such an expert? =0

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2013-3-28 20:16:38 |Display all floors
I am a Brit and met my Chinese wife 19 years ago here in China and this is where I have lived ever since so I know all about the cultural differences. To Chinese people money is their god period, and if you have dinner with them you will see them fight tooth and nail to pay the whole bill, there is no compromise on this one, and any form of compromise is seen as a weakness and a total loss of face to the person you wish to compromise with.

Your only mistake was to try and compromise, ie only pay a part of the costs, you took "Face" from her and this is a big insult.
I am enclosing two tickets to the first night of my new play; bring a friend, if you have one. George Bernard Shaw. Cannot possibly attend first night, will attend second ... if there is one. Winston

Use magic tools Report

You can't reply post until you log in Log in | register

BACK TO THE TOP
Contact us:Tel: (86)010-84883548, Email: blog@chinadaily.com.cn
Blog announcement:| We reserve the right, and you authorize us, to use content, including words, photos and videos, which you provide to our blog
platform, for non-profit purposes on China Daily media, comprising newspaper, website, iPad and other social media accounts.