Author: lau_guan_kim

Abe’s Japan gambit backfires: China’s Diaoyu survey is a smart move   [Copy link] 中文

Post time 2013-3-24 12:01:36 |Display all floors
This post was edited by abramicus at 2013-3-24 12:07

JAPAN HAS CATEGORICALLY REJECTED PEACEFUL RESOLUTION OF THE DIAOYUDAO DISPUTE -- IT USES F-15'S IN FULL FORMATION TO ANSWER CHINA'S SOLO PROPELLER MARINE SURVEILLANCE PLANE PATROLS, BACKED UP BY ITS PROVERBIAL NUCLEAR UMBRELLA, OR SO IT PRETENDS -- JAPAN PREFERS THE USE OF FORCE TO THAT OF REASON.

Peace without dignity is servitude.  Peace without sovereignty is vassalage.  Japan is using its nuclear umbrella to terrorize the Chinese people with total destruction if China ever dares to defend its sovereignty over Dioayudao.  Diaoyudao is nothing.  Sovereignty is everything.  China is being tested on its will to defend its sovereignty, on its right to exist as a state, and on its courage to be one.  

Japan's egregious misuse of the Mutual Defense Treaty to invade a part of China with threat of nuclear war will be answered.  

China will prevail.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2013-3-24 12:38:57 |Display all floors
abramicus Post time: 2013-3-24 09:59
Lau, he is not a Chinese national.  He may be Chinese huaren, grinding the axe for a foreign master. ...

This is taking the 'us vs. them' argument to a new height.

Your post reeks of victimization.

You infer that because I have not stated my personal opinion on the Diaoyu, therefore I must not be a patriot, therefore a traitor. That is astonishing logic -  the kind of logic that I would expect from LGK.

I am not going to discuss my 'patriotism' with two non-Chinese nationals. That is just pathetic.

Stating that I can only be a patriot if I argue that the only resolution is to 'fight back' i.e. go to war, is simply the neo-nationalist mantra. You are doing a huge disservice to the many Chinese nationals that have no desire to see war.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2013-3-24 12:42:17 |Display all floors
abramicus Post time: 2013-3-24 10:15
GIVEN THE ABSOLUTE REFUSAL OF JAPAN TO SIT DOWN AND NEGOTIATE THE STATUS OF DIAOYUDAO, CHINA HAS NO  ...

I think you will find that both sides have refused to 'negotiate the status' of the islands.

Why are you falsifying a situation to justify war?

A war between two countries ... neither of which you are a citizen.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2013-3-24 12:45:38 |Display all floors
changamullah Post time: 2013-3-24 12:42
I think you will find that both sides have refused to 'negotiate the status' of the islands.

Why ...

there will be no war

but I appreciate your war against war mongering i di ots.
I've made my living, Mr. Thompson, in large part as a gambler. Some days I make twenty bets, some days I make none. There are weeks, sometimes months, in fact, when I don't make any bet at all because ...

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2013-3-24 13:12:03 |Display all floors
This post was edited by changamullah at 2013-3-24 13:18
abramicus Post time: 2013-3-24 12:57
Changamullah is not a Chinese national, and if he poses as such, is at best a TRAITOR to the Chinese ...
He states with a straight face that both sides refuse to negotiate over Diaoyudao, when the salient fact is that China has been begging Japan to sit down and talk, and it was Japan that refused to talk with China over the dispute over Diaoyudao's sovereignty status.

Historical revisionism is the hallmark of the Anglo-Japanese Neo-Nazi Alliance."

Yang Jiechi:

"Yang emphasized that the moves taken by Japan are totally illegal and invalid, which can in no way change the historical fact that Japan "stole" the Diaoyu Islands from China and the fact that China has territorial sovereignty over them. "The Chinese government is firm in upholding China's territorial sovereignty," he added. "China strongly urges Japan to immediately stop all activities that violate China's territorial sovereignty, take concrete actions to correct its mistakes, and return to the track of resolving the dispute through negotiation."

How can both sides negotiate a resolution if there is no compromise to be made?

China is stating that there is no compromise to be made i.e. negotiations only if Japan admits it is wrong. It is not a true offer of negotiation as the official position is there is nothing to negotiate.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2013-3-24 13:13:13 |Display all floors
Changamullah is not a Chinese national, and if he poses as such, is at best a TRAITOR to the Chinese ...

clever if the Japs can get the yankee marines to bow.............................

that is called clever.
I've made my living, Mr. Thompson, in large part as a gambler. Some days I make twenty bets, some days I make none. There are weeks, sometimes months, in fact, when I don't make any bet at all because ...

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2013-3-24 13:18:13 |Display all floors
This post was edited by changamullah at 2013-3-24 13:20
when the salient fact is that China has been begging Japan to sit down and talk, and it was Japan that refused to talk with China over the dispute over Diaoyudao's sovereignty status.

Historical revisionism is the hallmark of the Anglo-Japanese Neo-Nazi Alliance.

Yes, on the topic of your historical revisionism.

Show evidence for this 'begging' please.

Do you believe an offer to negotiate only after insisting Japan admits it is in the wrong constitutes an offer of negotiation? In any diplomatic circles, that would be deemed an offer to 'negotiate terms of surrender' not negotiate the dispute.

By making such an offer, the Chinese government knew it would be rejected. It was not a genuine offer of negotiation.

Use magic tools Report

You can't reply post until you log in Log in | register

BACK TO THE TOP
Contact us:Tel: (86)010-84883548, Email: blog@chinadaily.com.cn
Blog announcement:| We reserve the right, and you authorize us, to use content, including words, photos and videos, which you provide to our blog
platform, for non-profit purposes on China Daily media, comprising newspaper, website, iPad and other social media accounts.