Author: lau_guan_kim

Abe’s Japan gambit backfires: China’s Diaoyu survey is a smart move   [Copy link] 中文

Post time 2013-3-24 07:59:27 |Display all floors
lau_guan_kim Post time: 2013-3-23 21:51
If you are a Chinese national, so why did you criticise and condemn China over the Diaoyu Dao?

A continuation of the 'us vs. them' argument. Where, on this thread, have I condemned China over the Diaoyu?

I may have condemned your academic efforts ... but as far as I can recall you are not China. Not even Singapore.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2013-3-24 08:01:44 |Display all floors
lau_guan_kim Post time: 2013-3-23 21:47
I am advocating China should stand up to Japan.

Choose your words carefully!

Nope.

You have advocated that 'the only option is war. War!'

A singaporean meddling in China's internal affairs by warmongering is not a friend of China. And, yes, singaporean with a small s. you don't get enough respect for a capital S.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2013-3-24 08:03:14 |Display all floors
abramicus Post time: 2013-3-23 22:09
Strange, Lau, my post was just deleted upon my editing and SAVING it.  Changmullah might be one of t ...

If anyone is working behind the scenes to discredit China, it would be the posters that have been pushing for war simply to satisfy their desire for revenge over acts more than 70 years ago.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2013-3-24 08:12:46 |Display all floors
lau_guan_kim Post time: 2013-3-23 22:04
I have the same feelings like you after this changamullah disparagingly insulted my OP and took iss ...

This post was edited by lau_guan_kim at 2013-3-23 22:05
abramicus Post time: 2013-3-23 21:53
Changamullah is not a Chinese patriot but a traitor, and if he is also a Chinese national, AHEM!

Ig ...

I have the same feelings like you after this changamullah disparagingly insulted my OP and took issues why I authored it with a copyright. Fruther on my suspicion is confirmed as he is against China making a stand to have Diaoyu Dao returned.

Yes, I disagreed with your OP. I wasn't aware that, in a public forum, only posts whcih agreed with you are considered acceptable.

I did not express any issues with you attaching copyright. If you wish to have copyright over such amateurishly reasoned nationalistsic rhetoric, that is your choice.

He even went further to condemn me for not mentioning Russia's past with China. The President of China attaches great importsaance to the relationship with Russia, so what changamullah was trying to do was to sour up relations between Russia and China.

I did not criticze you for 'not mentioning' it. I used it as a parallel, asking why the Chinese people do not have such strong feelings about the Russians. They have invaded more often, have stolen more land - most of which Russia still retains. You see it as trying to sour relations with Russia? Nonsense. I desire good relations with Russia just as I thiink that it would benefit China to have good relations with any country. The answer, as I pointed out, lies in education.

I nailed him on these points.

No, you didn't. As I pointed out above, you completely missed the point of the Russia example. Either that, or you ignored it because you had no reasonable answer ... other than to agree with me.

As you can see, he is trying to wreck my OP and make it impossible to develop my argumetns further with his non sequitur arguments. Thanks for your support.

Your OP was wrecked the moment you wrote it. There is no place here for a Singaporean to advocate war between China and Japan. It is completely unacceptable. Even if your ultra-nationalist little friends, such as abramicus (another non-Chinese national), are desprately seeking war also.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2013-3-24 09:59:15 |Display all floors
Lau, he is not a Chinese national.  He may be Chinese huaren, grinding the axe for a foreign master.  He wants to argue about what China should do other than fight back.  

China has been attacked by Japan on Diaoyudao.

Absence of military resistance is equivalent to surrender of sovereignty, no matter how it is rationalized, and surrender of sovereignty without a fight is simply TREASON UNTIL PROVEN OTHERWISE.

It is up to Changamullah to prove why his proposition is not treasonous, not for you to prove why you are patriotic.  The Japanese Counter-Resistance is now in full swing.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2013-3-24 10:15:31 |Display all floors
GIVEN THE ABSOLUTE REFUSAL OF JAPAN TO SIT DOWN AND NEGOTIATE THE STATUS OF DIAOYUDAO, CHINA HAS NO CHOICE BUT TO EITHER FIGHT TO REGAIN ITS CONTROL OVER DIAOYUDAO OR SURRENDER.

Since Changamullah says he is a Chinese national, he has committed treason against China.

He is therefore a TRAITOR.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2013-3-24 11:31:43 |Display all floors
abramicus Post time: 2013-3-24 10:15
GIVEN THE ABSOLUTE REFUSAL OF JAPAN TO SIT DOWN AND NEGOTIATE THE STATUS OF DIAOYUDAO, CHINA HAS NO  ...

The day will come when peace makers become traitors.

But the day will not be welcomed by peace loving people and China will suffer.

You are Acus....not A class.
I've made my living, Mr. Thompson, in large part as a gambler. Some days I make twenty bets, some days I make none. There are weeks, sometimes months, in fact, when I don't make any bet at all because ...

Use magic tools Report

You can't reply post until you log in Log in | register

BACK TO THE TOP
Contact us:Tel: (86)010-84883548, Email: blog@chinadaily.com.cn
Blog announcement:| We reserve the right, and you authorize us, to use content, including words, photos and videos, which you provide to our blog
platform, for non-profit purposes on China Daily media, comprising newspaper, website, iPad and other social media accounts.