Author: Mike412

Love vs money in marriage   [Copy link] 中文

Post time 2013-3-22 09:49:27 |Display all floors
lostalien Post time: 2013-3-21 16:20
if you sell your heart out for money. then good luck. youre a shallow individual with nothing more t ...

can't agree more. but there are still many gold-diggers today. sell their own heart out for only money and a seemingly better life. they have lost the most precious thing in their whole life that can never get back years later no matter how much money they have. pathetic

Use magic tools Report

Glod Medal August's Best Writer 2012

Post time 2013-3-22 10:05:10 |Display all floors
This post was edited by WhiteBear at 2013-3-22 10:08
Mike412 Post time: 2013-3-22 09:49
can't agree more. but there are still many gold-diggers today. sell their own heart out for only m ...

maybe there are more gold-digging families, then personals?

please remember, that not as far as 100 years ago it was NORMAL that famillies choosen who should be married to who.
may people didn't know each other until the day of wedding.

it is hard to step forward from some ancient customs, and accept the mindblowing news, that girl have own mind.

I heard about many situations, when girl had to decide if to obey Her family (wanting enormous dowry), or to decide on Her own mind.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2013-3-22 13:06:44 |Display all floors
WhiteBear Post time: 2013-3-22 10:05
maybe there are more gold-digging families, then personals?

please remember, that not as far as 10 ...

that is particularly true in China. but i think maybe "gold-digging family" is too strong. Most parents just want their children have a better life, don't have to work so hard and worry about money all the time like them. They do not intend to get lots of money from the marriage of their children.

Use magic tools Report

Glod Medal August's Best Writer 2012

Post time 2013-3-22 14:06:30 |Display all floors
Mike412 Post time: 2013-3-22 13:06
that is particularly true in China. but i think maybe "gold-digging family" is too strong. Most pa ...

This is why I put it in a "brackets" :)

But similar intentions have "gold digger girls" - don't want to work too hard, and have easiest life...

Sometimes we should look at perspectives, not just taking a measure of the wallet at one particular day.

And I still take "dowry" (any dowry - both paid by groom and bride) as a kind of human trafficking.
100-200 years ago in Europe dowry was paid by the parents of bride, because wife was not intended to work for a money, and that dowry was a "starting money" for a new family.
However this also I see not right - because it seems like to "bribe" groom to marry Her.
Well... sometimes it worked like that directly :)
While woman was not intended to work for a gain, some girls (particularly not good looking ones...) was "hard to marry", and parents offered high dowry for a husband. If girl was not married - became a ballast for a family's budget, so the dowry was "investment in future". Even if unmarried girl was to became nun - They had to pay dowry to a church authorities...

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2013-3-23 10:28:16 |Display all floors
I'm a girl who has the troublesome like this. my BF is ok but without money. all my family members oppose it. But i have made up my mind to be with him forever. Money is the necessity, but not everything. you can be 0bedient to your parents when you are flourishing.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2013-3-23 10:40:07 |Display all floors
{:soso_e115:}I still think that marridge based on money will not be happy. And I could never force myself to marry a man that I do not love.  Why can we choose the one who can work hard together to stuggle for a better life? Thoug it must not easy.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2013-3-23 11:35:42 |Display all floors
This post was edited by RENREW at 2013-3-23 11:38

A man must in his life;

1    build a House
2    make a Son (If it becomes a Girl try once more!)
3    plant a Tree  

Mary... maybe!
{:soso_e100:}
Twentyfive percent out of nothing is still nothing!

Use magic tools Report

You can't reply post until you log in Log in | register

BACK TO THE TOP
Contact us:Tel: (86)010-84883548, Email: blog@chinadaily.com.cn
Blog announcement:| We reserve the right, and you authorize us, to use content, including words, photos and videos, which you provide to our blog
platform, for non-profit purposes on China Daily media, comprising newspaper, website, iPad and other social media accounts.