Author: dostoevskydr

Swiss tourist gang-raped in India: police   [Copy link] 中文

Post time 2013-3-18 18:31:37 |Display all floors
Reminder: Author is prohibited or removed, and content is automatically blocked
Writer's real name is Lau Guan Kim.  lau_guan_kim is for commentary and analysis. He writes also under another alter ego jinseng. I will respond to good reasoned debate. Mudslingers shall be ignored. What I do not like are ignorance, stupidity, chauvinism and bigotry. The other party has as much right as I have until it resorts to insults and nuisance.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2013-3-18 19:19:03 |Display all floors
seneca Post time: 2013-3-18 12:34
Personally, I have to say the Swiss couple were reallyfoolish to try to camp out in that state. Wh ...

If people need save their money may I wonder why they travel in such exotic locales in the first place? I like this......it is selfish reasons. Once they get back to Switzerland, they will then regale all and sundry on how they travelled through India and spent only $50 and saw it all. Implication being anyone that travels properly is a mug. Who is the mug now?

I have never been to India but am sure it is a wonderful place.

I mean, camp outside in India? I hesitate to camp in Europe!! I like watching those unsolved crimes show and I was left terrified by a guy that prowled campsites in France/Italy looking for couples to savage! No bricks and mortar, I need a guard dog or no dice!

No, I live above Sunset Plaza, it's a little house I rent and it's a little rundown but has a beautiful view, what about you?

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2013-3-18 19:34:06 |Display all floors
Bandito Post time: 2013-3-18 19:19
If people need save their money may I wonder why they travel in such exotic locales in  ...

I never really heard of people preying on campers.

Camping is pretty safe in the US.  I've camped hundreds of times throughout my life.

Why do we always blame the victim when it comes to rape?  

Behold the turtle. He makes progress only when he sticks his neck out.

-  James Bryant Conant

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2013-3-18 19:39:04 |Display all floors
lau_guan_kim Post time: 2013-3-18 12:33
It is obvious most Indians prefer white women.

There was a Chinese a few weeks ago......let it not be said that they limit themselves.
No, I live above Sunset Plaza, it's a little house I rent and it's a little rundown but has a beautiful view, what about you?

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2013-3-18 19:51:38 |Display all floors
Bandito Post time: 2013-3-18 19:39
There was a Chinese a few weeks ago......let it not be said that they limit themselves.

There is a rape reported every 6 minutes in the US from people of every color.  It doesn't make world headlines.

The fact that India is receiving so much attention on this issue is actually encouraging.  It means that people in India want to address this issue and see it as a problem.  At least that is my take on it.

Behold the turtle. He makes progress only when he sticks his neck out.

-  James Bryant Conant

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2013-3-18 20:03:32 |Display all floors
This post was edited by Bandito at 2013-3-18 16:05
JFenix Post time: 2013-3-18 15:34
I never really heard of people preying on campers.

Camping is pretty safe in the US.  I've camped ...

No, I must tell you that sometimes, and we have to accept this, some victims of rape are culpable. Not in all cases but in some cases!

Here is a not so funny example of madness........a few years ago, an Italian judge blamed the raped woman for cooperating with the rapist by removing her jeans. He basically suggested collusion. Bonkers.

Now, as we have in the Swiss couple, you have to be really dim to not have checked the news and pay heed to the inherent danger posed to women.

You are correct in stating that camping is safe....but then again, one of those things. Some people go through life with no major mishap and someone decides o go skiiing and plunges to his death. By all accounts, skiing is safe.....is it consolation for the person that died?

I hate flying but I love travelling so I take a chance. I still fear that it might drop one day.

Camping.....I just don't feel safe surrounded by folks that I don't really know! Same goes for hotel rooms but differences are clear.

I have friends, girls that love travelling alone. I always, always say to them, you are mad and are looking for trouble. Most have managed to escape silly preventable situations but one day? ........Would I blame them then? Most definitely due to one or two security lapses they have told me about.

I mean, am a bloke and can really put up a fight if I have to.......but i prefer to not even be in that situation. So hard for me to understand.....but not judging.

Life is dangerous.........i pick and choose when I wish to throw myself into the wild but not even over penny pinching. Seneca said it best.........why do it if you cannot at least do so in safety?

I do not condone rape!

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2013-3-18 20:13:16 |Display all floors
JFenix Post time: 2013-3-18 15:51
There is a rape reported every 6 minutes in the US from people of every color.  It doesn't make wo ...

We know it is not problem limited to India. It is a world problem. Girls are not dragged off buses elsewhere in the world unless in war zones..herein lies the fundamental difference..

Use magic tools Report

You can't reply post until you log in Log in | register

BACK TO THE TOP
Contact us:Tel: (86)010-84883548, Email: blog@chinadaily.com.cn
Blog announcement:| We reserve the right, and you authorize us, to use content, including words, photos and videos, which you provide to our blog
platform, for non-profit purposes on China Daily media, comprising newspaper, website, iPad and other social media accounts.