Author: dostoevskydr

Swiss tourist gang-raped in India: police   [Copy link] 中文

Post time 2013-3-18 23:31:36 |Display all floors
Bandito Post time: 2013-3-18 23:22
You are emotive so will make a poor lawyer or judge. Not one person has suggested that the peopl a ...

You're preaching to the choir about personal responsibility.  

That is why I refuse to let rapist off the hook by blaming the victim.  They are responsible for their actions.  No one else.  If I attack someone, it doesn't matter what they did to provoke me, I am responsible for my actions.  So a rapist is responsible for their actions.

Camping with your husband should not put you at risk for rape in any country.  Who attacks right in front of the husband?  And yet instead of condemning the attacker - everyone on this thread is talking about how irresponsible they couple was for camping.

This is crazy logic.

Behold the turtle. He makes progress only when he sticks his neck out.

-  James Bryant Conant

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2013-3-18 23:32:19 |Display all floors
Reminder: Author is prohibited or removed, and content is automatically blocked
Writer's real name is Lau Guan Kim.  lau_guan_kim is for commentary and analysis. He writes also under another alter ego jinseng. I will respond to good reasoned debate. Mudslingers shall be ignored. What I do not like are ignorance, stupidity, chauvinism and bigotry. The other party has as much right as I have until it resorts to insults and nuisance.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2013-3-18 23:35:06 |Display all floors
Bandito Post time: 2013-3-18 23:27
Indeed there was a terrible case in London last year.........a woman accused a man of  ...

Those girls should receive jail sentences.

What these cases do is harm all the real rape victims out there.

It diminishes the danger - it makes it seem like there isn't really a problem - its all made up stuff.

They need to have the same punishments as those making fake 9-1-1 calls.  It can't be tolerated by any means.

Behold the turtle. He makes progress only when he sticks his neck out.

-  James Bryant Conant

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2013-3-18 23:36:50 |Display all floors
This post was edited by Bandito at 2013-3-18 19:37
JFenix Post time: 2013-3-18 19:10
But don't you see how dangerously close that thinking is with the whole reasoning behind the burqa ...

Ok, please study criminal brains, their action and hopefully educate us.

US is full of those sort of criminals and US is full of smart scientist, Drs, lawyers etc........end sum? some folks are just wired like that........nurture mostly.

No, I live above Sunset Plaza, it's a little house I rent and it's a little rundown but has a beautiful view, what about you?

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2013-3-18 23:37:36 |Display all floors
Writer's real name is Lau Guan Kim.  lau_guan_kim is for commentary and analysis. He writes also under another alter ego jinseng. I will respond to good reasoned debate. Mudslingers shall be ignored. What I do not like are ignorance, stupidity, chauvinism and bigotry. The other party has as much right as I have until it resorts to insults and nuisance.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2013-3-18 23:39:24 |Display all floors
LCSULLA Post time: 2013-3-18 18:48
Huh?
What do you wanna say?
Please elaborate.

oh not a gibe..some people see thing through very narrow prism.

SAUDIs were tending camels 50 or so years ago.........why would a goatherd have the necessary polish?
No, I live above Sunset Plaza, it's a little house I rent and it's a little rundown but has a beautiful view, what about you?

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2013-3-18 23:46:50 |Display all floors

Use magic tools Report

You can't reply post until you log in Log in | register

BACK TO THE TOP
Contact us:Tel: (86)010-84883548, Email: blog@chinadaily.com.cn
Blog announcement:| We reserve the right, and you authorize us, to use content, including words, photos and videos, which you provide to our blog
platform, for non-profit purposes on China Daily media, comprising newspaper, website, iPad and other social media accounts.