Views: 18026|Replies: 24

What is your nation mostly proud of ?   [Copy link] 中文

Post time 2013-3-11 10:36:55 |Display all floors
Name those achievements or traits that you consider to be the pride of your own nation.

It must be fun.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2013-3-11 10:59:12 |Display all floors
Canada: I guess we're mostly proud of being multicultural and still not having too many cultural conflicts and problems.

Oh and Canadians are very proud of how modest we are, similar to how my students here in China love to tell me how modest Chinese people are. But if we always say we are modest, we are of course not modest at all.

Use magic tools Report

2015 Most Popular Member Medal

Post time 2013-3-12 09:32:25 |Display all floors
The USA is proud of taking whatever it wants with as much force as necessary.
It was something carried over from the British but exacerbated by advances in technology.
Is it any wonder more nations want nuclear deterrence?
If capitalism promotes innovation and creativity then why aren't scientists and artists the richest people in a capitalist nation?

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2013-3-12 10:12:41 |Display all floors
robert237 Post time: 2013-3-12 09:32
The USA is proud of taking whatever it wants with as much force as necessary.
It was something carri ...

Do you always have to bash the USA, but get pi$$ed off when someone bashes China?  If not for the country you hate so much you would not be posting hatred on the internet and planning to retire in your commie utopia.

Use magic tools Report

2015 Most Popular Member Medal

Post time 2013-3-12 11:00:33 |Display all floors
grb Post time: 2013-3-11 18:12
Do you always have to bash the USA, but get pi$$ed off when someone bashes China?  If not for the  ...

I am not afraid of the truth. I value the truth over money. Something you and your western propagandist
buddies will never understand.
If capitalism promotes innovation and creativity then why aren't scientists and artists the richest people in a capitalist nation?

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2013-3-12 11:13:21 |Display all floors
robert237 Post time: 2013-3-12 11:00
I am not afraid of the truth. I value the truth over money. Something you and your western propaga ...

Excellent non-answer to my post!  Something you are best at.  Is the "truth" gonna pay your bills after you retire?  

Use magic tools Report

2016 Most Popular Member 2015 Most Popular Member 2014 Most Popular Member

Post time 2013-3-12 21:41:08 |Display all floors
Australia invented the black box flight recorder

Use magic tools Report

You can't reply post until you log in Log in | register

BACK TO THE TOP
Contact us:Tel: (86)010-84883548, Email: blog@chinadaily.com.cn
Blog announcement:| We reserve the right, and you authorize us, to use content, including words, photos and videos, which you provide to our blog
platform, for non-profit purposes on China Daily media, comprising newspaper, website, iPad and other social media accounts.