Author: sansukong

Medieval Warm Period was real, global, & warmer than the present' [Copy link] 中文

Post time 2013-3-9 15:59:49 |Display all floors
3/8/2013

(Page 2 of 2)

href="http://www.economist.com/node/14447171">less felt than in many other parts of the world, everyday folk are puzzling over prolonged droughts and severe weather outbreaks.

One of the curious effects of global warming isn't so much warmer temperatures, but rather more violent weather. Global warming can actually cause lower temperatures in places, as well as more violent weather. The reason is the planet now holds more energy within the atmosphere, which is expressed via extreme weather.

Storms such as Superstorm Sandy, massive tornado outbreaks across the Midwest, and prolonged droughts in the west, are all features of climate change. Scientists predict more of these events as the climate continues for the worse.

The scientific consensus concerning global warming is beyond question. Every major, credible scientific research body that has objectively examined the question has concluded the planet is warming unnaturally as a result of human activity.

In the United States, climate change denial is deeply rooted in political and religious convictions, which makes persuading the American people of its reality a challenge, despite the scientific consensus. The lack of scientific literacy in the United States  is also part of the problem. According to Michigan State University professor and researcher, Jon Miller,  "We should take no pride in a finding that 70 percent of Americans cannot read and understand the science section of the New York Times."

Only 28 percent of Americans qualify as "scientifically literate."

They aren't helped by pseudo-scientists and politicians who persuaded by deeply held convictions resulting from misinterpreted Bible verses, that climate change isn't real, despite the fact that their "science" doesn't hold up to the standard of real science.

It must be understood that climate change is real, that it is being unnaturally caused by humans, and that it represents a danger to the status quo.

Of course, Americans, affluent and secure in their air-conditioned homes don't like being told they should evaluate their behavior. It's easier to blame other culprits such as China than to change behavior because it's simply the right thing to do. Let them remember that during the next superstorm, for such is the legacy we bestow upon our children with our willful ignorance.
I've made my living, Mr. Thompson, in large part as a gambler. Some days I make twenty bets, some days I make none. There are weeks, sometimes months, in fact, when I don't make any bet at all because ...

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2013-3-9 17:36:19 |Display all floors
seneca Post time: 2013-3-9 12:57
sans SOuci still takes the opinions of a mo ro nic layman named "Morano" seriously:
We have long established that mo ro nic Morano is an unreliable informer.

Note:  Would you seriously expect people to believe your ranting? By simple logic, the 700 strong scientists from 400 countries in 40 countries would keep their silence and allow an "unreliable informer" - (as you put it) to smear their good names and reputations? What cock and bull story you are trying to bring up this time to earn your keeps from your masters?

Translate ....
注:
你当回事指望人们相信你在说什么?
通过简单的逻辑,
700强的科学家,400个机构,在40个国家和地区,
将保持其寂静奉献,
容许,“不可靠线人”,涂抹他们的好名字和声誉?
公鸡和公牛的故事,
你正在尝试,这个时候,
赚取你的奖励自你的主人吗?

'More than 700 scientists from 400 institutions in 40 countries have contributed peer-reviewed papers providing evidence that the Medieval Warm Period was real, global, & warmer than the present'
Climate Depot's Medieval Warm Period Round Up of Studies
FIRST NATIONS ( LAKOTA PEOPLE ) Heartbreaking - (Google Search for video) "to stay true to who you are. Never allow anyone make you different or think different about what it is you are created to be ...

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2013-3-9 17:50:52 |Display all floors
sansukong Post time: 2013-3-9 17:36
Note:  Would you seriously expect people to believe your ranting? By simple logic, the 700 strong ...

Rat.....every one of your assertion is made by bigger rats....proven wrong again and again and again.
I've made my living, Mr. Thompson, in large part as a gambler. Some days I make twenty bets, some days I make none. There are weeks, sometimes months, in fact, when I don't make any bet at all because ...

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2013-3-9 23:05:03 |Display all floors

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2013-3-9 23:05:43 |Display all floors

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2013-3-10 02:56:56 |Display all floors

RE: Medieval Warm Period was real, global, & warmer than the present'

Excerpt:

Chinese Research Discovers There Was Historical 'Unprecedented Warming' Before There Was Modern 'Unprecedented Warming'
Unprecedented Warming Strikes New York, Prior To Modern CO2 Levels: New Study Finds Medieval Period Warmer
New Research From Alaska Determines That Modern Global Warming Is Well Below Past Warming Periods

Study: 'Evidence from 180 proxy records of widespread N. Hemisphere warmth in 9th to 11th centuries...indicates that warmth in 10th & 11th centuries was as uniform as current 20th century warming'

FIRST NATIONS ( LAKOTA PEOPLE ) Heartbreaking - (Google Search for video) "to stay true to who you are. Never allow anyone make you different or think different about what it is you are created to be ...

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2013-3-10 03:10:01 |Display all floors

RE: Medieval Warm Period was real, global, & warmer than the present'

Excerpt:
Carbon tax hallucinations

Average planetary temperatures haven’t budged in 16 years. Hurricanes and strong tornadoes are at or near their lowest ebb in decades. Global sea ice is back to normal, Arctic ice is nearly normal, and the Antarctic icepack continues to grow. The rate of sea level rise remains what it was in 1900.

Use magic tools Report

You can't reply post until you log in Log in | register

BACK TO THE TOP
Contact us:Tel: (86)010-84883548, Email: blog@chinadaily.com.cn
Blog announcement:| We reserve the right, and you authorize us, to use content, including words, photos and videos, which you provide to our blog
platform, for non-profit purposes on China Daily media, comprising newspaper, website, iPad and other social media accounts.