Views: 6998|Replies: 29

Happy Women's Day!   [Copy link] 中文

Post time 2013-3-8 09:32:38 |Display all floors
Today is a special day for women. Happy Women's Day to all female forumites! Do you have a day off on the special day? Have you received any gifts yet? What do you plan to do on International Women's Day? And guys, how will you celebrate Women's Day for your moms, sisters, wives, or friends?
11.jpg

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2013-3-8 10:58:51 |Display all floors
sent her a present

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2013-3-8 11:26:21 |Display all floors
woman.jpg

From this chart we could say Chinese women are the busiest and tiredest than their peers in other places.

Use magic tools Report

June's Best Writer 2012 2016 Most Popular Member

Post time 2013-3-8 12:10:28 |Display all floors
Ok, I'm going out of retirement because I'm fed up with this general stupidity.

Today is not international women's day, it's international women's RIGHTS day !

That's completely different. The point is not to receive flowers and a massage from your loved one or a Hong Bao from your kid, the point is to mark the struggle for equality in rights between men and women. The point is to remind people that in some parts of the world women are oppressed just because they are women.

By making it a commercial event, you sully the memory of the thousands of women who fought to have the right to live, to get an education, to love, to be happy, to make their own choices (whether good or bad).

If you're a woman and some guy offers you flower because "today is your day", tell him he is a gigantic moron and that today is a day for all humanity because women have always been and always will be the future of men.
Spreading magic around the world since 2007.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2013-3-8 13:13:44 |Display all floors
In America we do not have a: "Women's Day" but I think it's a wonderful idea to have a day of appreciation for women. In fact in this day and age of Gender Equality I think its a great idea to have a day of appreciation for both women and men.

When is: "Men's Day" celebrated in China?

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2013-3-8 13:22:12 |Display all floors
vf84tcat Post time: 2013-3-8 13:13
In America we do not have a: "Women's Day" but I think it's a wonderful idea to have a day of apprec ...

Good idea! Let's celebrate Men's Day on the special day.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2013-3-8 13:28:14 |Display all floors
desperado123 Post time: 2013-3-8 11:26
From this chart we could say Chinese women are the busiest and tiredest than their peers in other p ...

If this is true that China has 51% staffing of senior management positions by women that implies China believes in Gender Equality. If it does then at Security Checkpoints all throughout China why does China allow women to search men's bodies but Men cannot search females? Afterall aren't they both professionally-trained, respectful security officers?

In evolved countries that truly believe in Gender Equality only same-gender searches are done.

When a foreigner from an evolved country first sees women searching men's bodies at the airport their immediate thought is this is strange, backward. It certainly does not promote the idea that China believes in treating men and women with the same respect, that China does not believe in Gender Equality.

Use magic tools Report

You can't reply post until you log in Log in | register

BACK TO THE TOP
Contact us:Tel: (86)010-84883548, Email: blog@chinadaily.com.cn
Blog announcement:| We reserve the right, and you authorize us, to use content, including words, photos and videos, which you provide to our blog
platform, for non-profit purposes on China Daily media, comprising newspaper, website, iPad and other social media accounts.