Author: Eudaimonia

How does it feel to be soooooooo brainwashed?   [Copy link] 中文

Post time 2013-3-6 18:44:00 |Display all floors
longzhou Post time: 2013-3-6 06:39
Did you even care to know which is the total number of TV stations that are aired nationwide? No,  ...

Also, let me add something more...

You people (the Chinese people) seem to take personally if someone attacks the deeds of your government. This doesn't happen in the western world, here it's the people on one side and the government (oligarchy) on the other.

I say this because you're not your government. I don't hate the Chinese people because they're largely ultra-nationalists who're brainwashed into hating the Japanese (and other foreigners), i hate your governments which made you this way. The sooner you people understand this the sooner you'll demand from your government less propaganda, the sooner you'll have a better and more free society.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2013-3-6 21:00:46 |Display all floors
This post was edited by Eudaimonia at 2013-3-6 21:20
seneca Post time: 2013-3-6 20:44
You can quicken the graying of Longzhou's hair if you tell him that there are amusement parks in C ...

lol. During my visit i saw the soldiers on senkaku/diaoyu islands souvenirs, i saw the multitude of "diaoyu islands are Chinese" hammers in temple fairs, i've had the displeasure of finding out that a little kid thought that his father shouldn't speak in English to me (!), and i was outraged by a supposedly super-foreigner friendly place where one could write whatever he wanted in the walls - where i saw the Japanese flag being crossed out and some chinese characters written on it.

BUT i must admit that i didn't know that. Thanks Seneca.

I'll search the net to find more about it now but a link (if you have one) with photos or videos would be great.
Edit: Nevermind i found links. :)

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2013-3-6 21:33:27 |Display all floors
This post was edited by ztoa789 at 2013-3-6 21:35
Eudaimonia Post time: 2013-3-6 07:00
That's some interesting info. Still, this doesn't negate the fact that 6-8 of the 60 tv-stations that i watched very often played anti-Japanese tv-series or movies. I observed that out of the tv-series and movies the tv-stationsmostly play "old china" stuff and "Japanese devil" stuff. Every other theme is rarely seen on Chinese tv.

Are you saying Western "free" media has been brainwashing westerners about China?

Name a TV station in West that is pro-China.

In last 30 years, with the economic achievement, the government in China is still one from hell.

Does it make sense to you?

When you vote for your government, what is your #1 concern?

Economy, right?

Why do westerners lose their common sense when the issue is about China?

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2013-3-6 21:51:29 |Display all floors
This post was edited by Eudaimonia at 2013-3-6 21:55
ztoa789 Post time: 2013-3-6 21:33
Are you saying Western "free" media has been brainwashing westerners about China?

Name a TV statio ...

I hate to repeat myself but i think that i allready wrote in several parts of this topic that there's no good mainstream media, there's no good mainstream media anywhere.

Now, what do the media do? They distort reality and make it look better or worse.

My personal view of how Beijing looks like was indeed distorted for the better. All we hear (at least here in Greece, i can't vouch for the rest of the west) is that "China is growing" - "China is the future" so we get possitive vibes from that when reality is much more complicated.

Sure, our media are bad but not because they bash China, but because they bash what they label as "the terrorists", because they support the local oligarchy etc etc. From my experience (as i've said) the media in Europe are far better than the media in China, here in Greece we don't get all day long propaganda about how a group of people are bad. Sure, maybe in the U.S. the media are just as bad as the media in China, but having not visited the U.S. i can't be certain of that, and even more importantly this isn't the subject of this discussion. Truth is (sadly) that you simply changed the subject in order to not answer my original question.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2013-3-6 21:54:40 |Display all floors
This post was edited by ztoa789 at 2013-3-6 21:56
Now, what do the media do? They distort reality and make it look better or worse.

OK.

So you must also think westerners are brainwashed.

How do you know Chinese people are brainwashed?

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2013-3-6 21:58:43 |Display all floors
This post was edited by Eudaimonia at 2013-3-6 21:59
ztoa789 Post time: 2013-3-6 21:54
OK.

So westerners are brainwashed.

Everyone is "brainwashed" to one degree or another. What i'm saying is that we're very obviously less brainwashed than the average Chinese person is.

The difference is that my local television, film-industry etc doesn't push down my throat all day long that a certain group of people are the bad guys. Sure, holywood kindof does but at least in my country not many people believe what holywood has to say which is evident because of the fact that amongst the western countries my country is by far the one that dislikes most the U.S.!
I wrote a very detailed account of what i saw on my visit in China, you only have to read what i wrote in this topic to find out.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2013-3-6 22:00:32 |Display all floors
This post was edited by ztoa789 at 2013-3-6 22:01
Eudaimonia Post time: 2013-3-6 21:58
Everyone is "brainwashed" to one degree or another. What i'm saying is that we're very obviously less brainwashed than the average Chinese person is.

Well, how can you say so when Chinese people believe state media much less than westerners believe their "free" media?

Use magic tools Report

You can't reply post until you log in Log in | register

BACK TO THE TOP
Contact us:Tel: (86)010-84883548, Email: blog@chinadaily.com.cn
Blog announcement:| We reserve the right, and you authorize us, to use content, including words, photos and videos, which you provide to our blog
platform, for non-profit purposes on China Daily media, comprising newspaper, website, iPad and other social media accounts.