Author: Eudaimonia

How does it feel to be soooooooo brainwashed?   [Copy link] 中文

Medal Medal of honor Gold Medal July's Best Writer 2012 October's Best Writer 2012

Post time 2013-3-6 23:50:15 |Display all floors
Eudaimonia Post time: 2013-3-6 23:43
I didn't expect a proper answer but: What the f... does "cool" mean in the context of what i wrote ...

I have no problem with English my foreign European friend so do not worry your east European mind about that  ......   

As for:

become very civil like the Chinese are if we do that.

I had not realized that you meant that Chinese people are polite because that is the meaning of the word 'civil' .........

Therefore contextually your statement does not reflect the previous discourse, and of course if I had realized that your out of context idea was such I would have replied differently ........

OK, I have it now ........

Chinese are polite because they watch soap operas about Japanese occupation, although I find that tenet extremely awkward  .........   

Which is again cool ........  !

Right  ......     

What the world needs is more geniuses with humility, there are so few of us left  -   Oscar Levant

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2013-3-6 23:51:42 |Display all floors
Are not brainwashed (in one way or another - more or less depending on the country) you mean, no i cannot.

I apologize for my post that asked to think about yourself.

BTW, as you can't name a country, your thread is pointless.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2013-3-6 23:54:46 |Display all floors
This post was edited by Eudaimonia at 2013-3-7 00:00
expatter Post time: 2013-3-6 23:50
I have no problem with English my foreign European friend so do not worry your east European mind  ...

I know you have comprehension issues but i didn't expect that you didn't understand that i mean for that part as irony.

BUT i'll make it easier for you since your comprehension issues seem to be very bad...

If Greek people were spoon fed all day long (like the Chinese are) that the Germans and Turks were bad to their country (Greece) in the past (which is objective reality) they'd surely become ultra-nationalistic and uncivil like the Chinese have become to the Japanese. Germans and Turks would be affraid to walk the streets of Athens just like the Japanese aren't too comfortable walking the streets of Beijing.

Do you understand now? or should i make it so easy that my 5-year old niece understands?

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2013-3-6 23:57:43 |Display all floors
This post was edited by Eudaimonia at 2013-3-7 00:02
ztoa789 Post time: 2013-3-6 23:51
I apologize for my post that asked to think about yourself.

BTW, as you can't name a country, you ...
btw, as you can't name a country, your thread is pointless.

No it's not because there's various degrees of brainwashing.

Almost every country is brainwashed into allowing their local oligarchs (we call em democratically elected governments here you call em communist party over there) to rule along with their rich friends.

BUT not everyone is brainwashed into hating another group of people like the Chinese are brainwashed into hating the Japanese. This was what this thread was about.

I hope that you understand now, but you probably don't and that's sad.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2013-3-7 00:07:12 |Display all floors
This post was edited by ztoa789 at 2013-3-7 00:11
BUT not everyone is brainwashed into hating another group of people like the Chinese are brainwashed into hating the Japanese.
BUT not everyone is brainwashed into such hatred  like Westerners are brainwashed into hating a government that brought hundreds of millions of people out of poverty in just 30 years.

Not only that, this government hasn't done anything harmful to them.

In human history, the #1 criteria in judging a government is if it can make people live better.

What is your criteria in judging a government?

Use magic tools Report

Medal Medal of honor Gold Medal July's Best Writer 2012 October's Best Writer 2012

Post time 2013-3-7 00:11:43 |Display all floors
Eudaimonia Post time: 2013-3-6 23:54
I know you have comprehension issues but i didn't expect that you didn't understand that i mean for ...

Yes  ...........

As I have already stated the once magnificent culture of Greece which has been trounced ever since by most of the rest of the world is not China .......

In fact they are diametrically opposed ideas ......  !

Trying to equate a tiny little bankrupt state such as Greece with the successful modern financial monolithic miracle of China is a dichotomy at best ........

And thank you I would be eternally grateful if your 5-year-old-niece would have the patience to convey that to you  .........

Good idea  .........   

What the world needs is more geniuses with humility, there are so few of us left  -   Oscar Levant

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2013-3-7 00:11:54 |Display all floors
ztoa789 Post time: 2013-3-7 00:07
In human history, the #1 criteria in judging a government is if it can make people live better.

BU ...

Your response is irrelevant. Stop evading the subject.

Use magic tools Report

You can't reply post until you log in Log in | register

BACK TO THE TOP
Contact us:Tel: (86)010-84883548, Email: blog@chinadaily.com.cn
Blog announcement:| We reserve the right, and you authorize us, to use content, including words, photos and videos, which you provide to our blog
platform, for non-profit purposes on China Daily media, comprising newspaper, website, iPad and other social media accounts.