Author: Eudaimonia

How does it feel to be soooooooo brainwashed?   [Copy link] 中文

Post time 2013-3-6 22:19:20 |Display all floors
ztoa789 Post time: 2013-3-6 22:10
Quantity ?

OK, with large quantity, do you know the following ? Do you know where it is from?

Oligarchy is not very different in China, it just hides behind supposed communism instead of supposed demoracy. So, i don't know what you think that you're proving to me.

I was talking about the difference in how media fuel ultra-nationalist thought against certain countries/ groups of people. That's the major difference between Chinese media and European media.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2013-3-6 22:20:03 |Display all floors
This post was edited by ztoa789 at 2013-3-6 22:20
seneca Post time: 2013-3-6 22:18
I haven't read about China's "Hell" in ages since I last found China and "Hell" associated with one another. Most news in the last 20 years have been about economic progress, social change, emigration, even immigration of non-Chinese to China, growing interdependence between the West and China, the Chinese culture, and so on.

Then read comments by westerners on western websites.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2013-3-6 22:20:08 |Display all floors
longzhou Post time: 2013-3-6 22:15
You didn't know that, because as anything Seneca writes here, it is a lie! You won't find it becau ...

Actually i did find it, but you have google in Spain don't you?

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2013-3-6 22:22:01 |Display all floors
This post was edited by ztoa789 at 2013-3-6 22:24
Eudaimonia Post time: 2013-3-6 22:20

They do, like all the "free" world.

Except people won't search anything other than what their "free" media has told them. That is why no censorship is needed.

Actually, no public figures dare to say anything "free" media doesn't like, otherwise their political careers are over.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2013-3-6 22:22:39 |Display all floors
Eudaimonia Post time: 2013-3-6 22:20

I don't live in Spain. I live in China, where we also have google, thanks! You and Seneca found it and don't post it.

You guys wouldn't find your fat a@@es even if they were painted green!

Use magic tools Report

Medal Medal of honor Gold Medal July's Best Writer 2012 October's Best Writer 2012

Post time 2013-3-6 22:29:53 |Display all floors
Eudaimonia Post time: 2013-3-6 07:00
That's some interesting info. Still, this doesn't negate the fact that 6-8 of the 60 tv-stations th ...

I have seen these programmes on the TV here and mostly ignored them ........

Because of your continued persistence with this one idea about China I decided to give it a little thought. With that I asked some everyday middle-class Chinese why they watched these programmes and the answer that seemed to have a similar core amounted to the idea of Nationalism.

Japan have had a very difficult relationship which goes back over centuries and the culmination of that was the 19th century wars were under the Meiji Restoration Japan had become militaristic and had adopted Western training and modern weaponry.  They took the island of Formossa and several smaller ones and kicked out the Chinese influence or Suzerainty in Korea which they eventually occupied in 1910. Following that they invaded Manchuria and installed the puppet emperor Pu Yi and later after 1937 went on to take-over the whole eastern seaboard of China. Not only did the Chinese suffer 5 decades of humiliation at the hands of the Japanese but there was also a documented litany of massacres and slavery in the form of forced labour. Millions of Chinese were forced from the countryside into enclaves so that they were controlled by military force. You might well see that as little to be concerned about but the Chinese have had a long history of hatred for the Japanese. However, as can bee seen today Japan and China get on relatively well and unfortunately the islands problem still smacks of Japanese Imperialism today. Now that is not my concern or even yours maybe but that is to do with the past and from a Nationalistic point of view many Chinese liked to be reminded of the nasty habits of its neighbour across the water.  

There is another point here I would like to make. TV audiences are a fickle lot and one can make a programme but that does not mean people will watch it. Indeed, if the story, acting and presentation are poor then people move to another channel or switch the set off. Therefore there is a certain testimony here that Chinese people enjoy watching these programmes and the programmes are seemingly so popular that there are several of them on different channels, and if no one is watching them then your point becomes irrelevant .........

I therefore contend that these programmes are enjoyed by Chinese who watch them from a Nationalistic point of view in that the Japanese have been kicked out, a historical aspect and the fact that they enjoy the content of same .......

As to whether Chinese from a Greek point of view should have these programmes and even watch them them, then I would have thought that would have been for the Chinese to decide .....  !!

What the world needs is more geniuses with humility, there are so few of us left  -   Oscar Levant

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2013-3-6 22:38:37 |Display all floors
This post was edited by Eudaimonia at 2013-3-6 22:44
expatter Post time: 2013-3-6 22:29
I have seen these programmes on the TV here and mostly ignored them ........

Because of your cont ...

I find it very sad that you don't understand how propaganda works, but i'll explain once.

Some have argued that "argo" (yes, the American movie that won the oscar for best movie of the year) isn't propaganda because the reality that is presented in Argo isn't far from the reality of what actually happened. From what i read that's true, but like you they're missing the point. The point isn't if what happened in Argo actually happened in reality or if what happened in the multitude of tv-series and movies showcasing the "Japanese devils" in Chinese tv actually happened (!) the point is who should take up the role of  the bad guy in the eyes of the people. That's what most of the nationalistic propaganda around the world is about.

So, as i've said... Chinese people are brainwashed into thinking of the Japanese as super-bad guys etc just like many Americans (and some non-American westerners) are brainwashed into thinking of the arabs as uncivilised potential terrorist etc bad-guys.
Do you get it now? It's that simple.

Use magic tools Report

You can't reply post until you log in Log in | register

BACK TO THE TOP
Contact us:Tel: (86)010-84883548, Email: blog@chinadaily.com.cn
Blog announcement:| We reserve the right, and you authorize us, to use content, including words, photos and videos, which you provide to our blog
platform, for non-profit purposes on China Daily media, comprising newspaper, website, iPad and other social media accounts.