Views: 3960|Replies: 8

'Nothing off-limits' in climate debate [Copy link] 中文

Post time 2013-2-24 10:18:26 |Display all floors
'Nothing off-limits' in climate debate

BY:GRAHAM LLOYD
February 22, 2013 12:00AM

THE UN's climate change chief, Rajendra Pachauri, has acknowledged a 17-year pause in global temperature rises, confirmed recently by Britain's Met Office, but said it would need to last "30 to 40 years at least" to break the long-term global warming trend.
Dr Pachauri, the chairman of the UN's Intergovernmental Panel on Climate Change, said that open discussion about controversial science and politically incorrect views was an essential part of tackling climate change.

LOGIN TO READ THE REST OF THIS ARTICLE

FIRST NATIONS ( LAKOTA PEOPLE ) Heartbreaking - (Google Search for video) "to stay true to who you are. Never allow anyone make you different or think different about what it is you are created to be ...

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2013-2-24 11:49:10 |Display all floors

RE: 'Nothing off-limits' in climate debate

BENNY PEISER DAVID WHITEHOUSE
Global Temperature Standstill Gains IPCC SupportFriday, February 22nd 2013, 9:16 AM EST
Co2sceptic (Site Admin)

GWPF Welcomes Dr Pachauri's Acknowledgement

London, 22 February: The Global Warming Policy Foundation (GWPF) welcomes that Dr Rajenda Pachauri, the chair of the United Nations Intergovernmental Panel on Climate Change (IPCC), has acknowledged the reality of the post-1997 standstill in global average temperatures. (see interview with Dr Pachauri in The Australian 22 February).

The GWPF has been highlighting the global warming standstill for many years against fervent denial by climate activists. Recently, Nasa’s James Hansen also recognised that global temperatures have not risen for more than a decade.

“Even though the scientific case for the standstill is secure, and well represented in peer-reviewed scientific literature, it will surely help the climate debate now that the IPCC chairman has confirmed its existence,” said Dr David Whitehouse, the GWPF’s science editor.

The post-1997 global annual average temperature standstill is one of the most important aspects of current climate science. Its recognition by the chair of the IPCC means there is now growing pressure that this empirical fact will receive full analysis in the forthcoming AR5 report.

The GWPF points out that Dr Pachauri’s assertion that it will take a temperature standstill of “30-40 years at least” to affect theories of man-made global warming is without a scientific basis. “The 17-year standstill already strains climate models, and if it continues for much longer it will demonstrate that the climate models on which the IPCC has based its assumptions are inadequate,” Dr Whitehouse said.

contacts:

Dr David Whitehouse - david.whitehouse@thegwpf.org

Dr Benny Peiser - benny.peiser@thegwpf.orgSource Link: TheGWPF Newsletter (22nd February 2013)

FIRST NATIONS ( LAKOTA PEOPLE ) Heartbreaking - (Google Search for video) "to stay true to who you are. Never allow anyone make you different or think different about what it is you are created to be ...

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2013-2-24 12:26:08 |Display all floors
Debate?

It's not debate....it's deposit of rat sh...its.
I've made my living, Mr. Thompson, in large part as a gambler. Some days I make twenty bets, some days I make none. There are weeks, sometimes months, in fact, when I don't make any bet at all because ...

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2013-2-24 16:49:45 |Display all floors

This post was edited by sansukong at 2013-2-26 03:55

EXTREME WEATHER IN THE 1970’S                                                                                                  

Date: 10/02/13

Paul Homewood, Not a Lot Of People Know That
In the 1970s, climatologists blamed the same sort of extreme weather events on global cooling  that are now blamed on global warming. And not only the same events, but the same causes.

http://www.sciencenews.org/view/download/id/37739/name/CHILLING_POSSIBILITIES                                                        We are all familiar with the “ice age “scare of the early 1970’s. Science News ran a report at the time, with an interview with C C Wallen, chief of the Special Environmental Applications Division, at the World Meteorological Organisation.According to the article,By contrast, (with the Little Ice Age), the weather in the first part of this century has been the warmest and best for world agriculture in over a millenium, and, partly as a result, the world’s population has more than doubled. Since 1940, however, the temperature of the Northern Hemisphere has been steadily falling: Having risen about 1.1 degrees C. between 1885 and 1940, according to one estimation, the temperature has already fallen back some 0.6 degrees, and shows no signs of reversal.

This topic has been thoroughly discussed many times previously, so I don’t intend to rehash the same arguments. I am , though, interested in what climatologists at the time thought about the effects of this cooling.C C Wallen had this to say,The principal weather change likely to accompany the cooling trend is increased variability – alternating extremes of temperature and precipitation in any given area – which would almost certainly lower average crop yields.The cause of this increased variability can best be seen by examining upper atmosphere wind patterns that accompany cooler climate. During warm periods a “zonal circulation” predominates, in which the prevailing westerly winds of the temperate zones are swept over long distances by a few powerful high and low pressure centers. The result is a more evenly distributed pattern of weather, varying relatively little from month to month or season to season.During cooler climatic periods, however, the high-altitude winds are broken up into irregular cells by weaker and more plentiful pressure centers, causing formation of a “meridional circulation” pattern. These small, weak cells may stagnate over vast areas for many months, bringing unseasonably cold weather on one side and unseasonably warm weather on the other. Droughts and floods become more frequent and may alternate season to season, as they did last year in India. Thus, while the hemisphere as a whole is cooler, individual areas may alternately break temperature and precipitation records at both extremes.In other words, Wallen observed exactly the same sort of extreme weather then, that is now blamed on global warming – unusual cold, unusual warmth, floods and droughts. And not only the events. The same meridional circulation patterns, that he observed, are happening again now, resulting in cold winters in some places, and warm summers in others.

Full story

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2013-2-25 01:40:04 |Display all floors
sansukong Post time: 2013-2-24 16:49
EXTREME WEATHER IN THE 1970’SDate: 10/02/13

Paul Homewood, Not a Lot Of People Know That

Some body writes so it becomes facts?

When scientific America or when NOAAA writes is becomes conspiracy?
I've made my living, Mr. Thompson, in large part as a gambler. Some days I make twenty bets, some days I make none. There are weeks, sometimes months, in fact, when I don't make any bet at all because ...

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2013-2-25 11:58:53 |Display all floors

IPCC Confirms CO2 Is Not A ‘Thermostat’ & Global Warming Is Not ‘Dangerous’                                                                     

Posted on February 7, 2013 by Steve Milloy

The United Nations IPCC climate agency has a gold-standard dataset used since 2007 to make global climate predictions – the HadCRUT3 gold-standard confirms that the predicted dangerous global warming is non-existent, and unequivocally, that CO2 is not the world’s thermostat.                                                                                                                

Read more at C3.

Note: Climate science is not settled and as the title of this thread reads..........

" 'Nothing off-limits' in climate debate"

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2013-2-25 12:58:49 |Display all floors
sansukong Post time: 2013-2-25 11:58
IPCC Confirms CO2 Is Not A ‘Thermostat’ & Global Warming Is Not ‘Dangerous’                     ...

IPCC.....

What ever they think is readily available in IPCC  website......

There are no rat deposits in IPCC web site.

Use magic tools Report

You can't reply post until you log in Log in | register

BACK TO THE TOP
Contact us:Tel: (86)010-84883548, Email: blog@chinadaily.com.cn
Blog announcement:| We reserve the right, and you authorize us, to use content, including words, photos and videos, which you provide to our blog
platform, for non-profit purposes on China Daily media, comprising newspaper, website, iPad and other social media accounts.