Views: 17830|Replies: 85

CLIMATE MONEY [Copy link] 中文

Post time 2013-2-18 02:27:38 |Display all floors
This post was edited by sansukong at 2013-2-18 01:58

CLIMATE MONEY

by Joanne NovaThe Climate Industry:  $79 billion so far – trillions to come

http://scienceandpublicpolicy.org/images/stories/papers/originals/climate_money.pdf

The US government has spent over $79 billion since 1989 on policies related to climate change, including science and technology research, administration, education campaigns, foreign aid, and tax breaks.Despite the billions: “audits” of the science are left to unpaid volunteers. A dedicated but largely uncoordinated grassroots movement of scientists has sprung up around the globe to test the integrity of the theory and compete with a well funded highly organizedclimate monopoly. They have exposed major errors.Carbon trading worldwide reached $126 billion in 2008. Banks are calling for more carbon-trading. And experts are predicting the carbon market will reach $2 - $10 trillion making carbon the largest single commodity traded.Meanwhile in a distracting sideshow, Exxon-Mobil Corp is repeatedly attacked for paying a grand total of $23 million to skeptics—less than a thousandth of what the US government has put in, and less than one five-thousandth of the value of carbon trading in just the single year of 2008.

FIRST NATIONS ( LAKOTA PEOPLE ) Heartbreaking - (Google Search for video) "to stay true to who you are. Never allow anyone make you different or think different about what it is you are created to be ...

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2013-2-18 09:36:29 |Display all floors
Climate money .....no doubt.

There is a hoax going on.
But who is hoaxter ? Who is hoaxtee?
I've made my living, Mr. Thompson, in large part as a gambler. Some days I make twenty bets, some days I make none. There are weeks, sometimes months, in fact, when I don't make any bet at all because ...

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2013-2-22 08:00:22 |Display all floors
Manhattan Declaration on Climate Change

"Global warming" is not a global crisis                  

We, the scientists and researchers in climate and related fields, economists, policymakers, and business leaders, assembled at Times Square, New York City, participating in the 2008 International Conference on Climate Change,Resolving that scientific questions should be evaluated solely by the scientific method; Affirming that global climate has always changed and always will, independent of the actions of humans, and that carbon dioxide (CO2) is not a pollutant but rather a necessity for all life;Recognising that the causes and extent of recently observed climatic change are the subject of intense debates in the climate science community and that oft-repeated assertions of a supposed 'consensus' among climate experts are false;

Affirming that attempts by governments to legislate costly regulations on industry and individual citizens to encourage CO2 emission reduction will slow development while having no appreciable impact on the future trajectory of global climate change. Such policies will markedly diminish future prosperity and so reduce the ability of societies to adapt to inevitable climate change, thereby increasing, not decreasing, human suffering;Noting that warmer weather is generally less harmful to life on Earth than colder:Hereby declare:That current plans to restrict anthropogenic CO2 emissions are a dangerous misallocation of intellectual capital and resources that should be dedicated to solving humanity's real and serious problems.That  there is no convincing evidence that CO2 emissions from modern industrial activity has in the past, is now, or will in the future cause catastrophic climate change.That attempts by governments to inflict taxes and costly regulations on industry and individual citizens with the aim of reducing emissions of CO2 will pointlessly curtail the prosperity of the West and progress of developing nations without affecting climate.That adaptation as needed is massively more cost-effective than any attempted mitigation and that a focus on such mitigation will divert the attention and resources of governments away from addressing the real problems of their peoples.That human-caused climate change is not a global crisis.

Now, therefore, we recommend --That world leaders reject the views expressed by the United Nations Intergovernmental Panel on Climate Change as well as popular, but misguided works such as "An Inconvenient Truth."That all taxes, regulations, and other interventions intended to reduce emissions of CO2 be abandoned forthwith.Agreed at New York, 4 March 2008

FIRST NATIONS ( LAKOTA PEOPLE ) Heartbreaking - (Google Search for video) "to stay true to who you are. Never allow anyone make you different or think different about what it is you are created to be ...

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2013-2-22 21:46:54 |Display all floors
U.S. is the most corrupted country~
they just good in fooling their s.tupid white citizen~
hahahahaha~

all those money ofcourse had gone to those involved personal a/c in swiss bank~
盡忠報國

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2013-2-22 21:50:53 |Display all floors
There is a hoax going on.
But who is hoaxter ? Who is hoaxtee?

Lobby and special interest groups? Or 97% of scientists? 100 % of all government research institutes in the world?
I've made my living, Mr. Thompson, in large part as a gambler. Some days I make twenty bets, some days I make none. There are weeks, sometimes months, in fact, when I don't make any bet at all because ...

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2013-7-24 10:18:15 |Display all floors

RE: CLIMATE MONEY

CHARLES ADLER:     THE GLOBAL WARMING SCARE IS DYING

Date: 20/07/13

Charles Adler, Toronto Sun
When historians look back at this era, they will write about the billions of dollars swindled out of ordinary people all over the world, in the interests of saving the world. It’s been a tough week for the global warming purists.They are getting blowback in Germany, where people are not only getting sick and tired of paying more for electricity — the same strategy that has been destroying the morale of Ontarians paying higher bills — but because people in rural parts of the country are getting increasingly restless as the government insists on building more of those wind energy monstrosities.Let me begin with a quote from the German publication Der Spiegel:“The goal is to get away from the turbulence found near the ground and to climb up into the Ekman layer, above 100 metres high, where the wind blows continuously. Up there, the forces of nature rage freely, creating enough terawatts to meet the energy needs of the global population hundreds of times over. Or at least that’s the theory.”Yes, that’s the theory.The big picture is this: All the theories about wind and solar energy have not been working out very well for the Germans. They’re paying through the nose for alternatives. While it appeases green activists and pays handsome annual rents to farmers who agree to have turbines and solar panels on their land, those who are not directly involved in green subsidies are growing weary of all the theorizing. Spain, as you know, is a country that hit the economic skids in the global crash five years ago and it still isn’t even close to recovery. Debts are enormous and jobs are enormously scarce. Unemployment among youth is 50%.And in recent days, the government has decided to massively reform its alternative energy program, meaning dramatic cuts in subsidies.The green movement is complaining, as are, of course, the companies that have benefited from the subsidies.But the government and taxpayers can’t take the balderdash any more.Spain’s industry minister, Jose Manuel Soria, is telling them the government has no choice but to cut those subsidies. He said, “If we did nothing, the only two alternatives would either be bankruptcy of the system or an increase of the price to consumers of more than 40%.”

You may remember Spain was seen as a model country for Barack Obama, who shortly after taking power in the U.S. announced to the country that he wanted to put Americans on the same green path as the Spaniards. While Obama praised the Spanish government for being a leader in bringing green energy to its country, a Spanish economist warned that for every green job created in Spain, 10 jobs would be lost.

Full comment

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2013-7-24 12:11:09 |Display all floors
seneca Post time: 2013-7-24 11:58
As a self-confessed unedcuated poster you cannot take the moral high ground after posting propagan ...

who killed the electric car? is a very good documentary / movie of 2 hours long.

in 2003, GM , together with the oil lobbies and George W Bush killed GM's own electric car ...........

now, the year 2013, the car industry , GM included is launching  electric cars and hybrids.

no doubt rats and their handlers have pushed the panic button.

Use magic tools Report

You can't reply post until you log in Log in | register

BACK TO THE TOP
Contact us:Tel: (86)010-84883548, Email: blog@chinadaily.com.cn
Blog announcement:| We reserve the right, and you authorize us, to use content, including words, photos and videos, which you provide to our blog
platform, for non-profit purposes on China Daily media, comprising newspaper, website, iPad and other social media accounts.