Author: expatter

China Now No1 Import and Export ...... !   [Copy link] 中文

Post time 2013-2-12 20:10:05 |Display all floors
futsanglung Post time: 2013-2-12 20:07
Slow process that starts at the top and works down. Some of our suppliers are in 3rd tier cities b ...

Again, you are a foreigner, and if you do not follow the law you will be deported.  

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2013-2-12 20:13:28 |Display all floors
None of it has anything to do with quality of life. And you must ask yourself this: "Does such trade and exchanging of goods improve my quality of living?" In China, there are too many social ills to deal with that no amount of money or trade could ever alleviate.

Use magic tools Report

2016 Most Popular Member CD top contributor in April 2015 Most Popular Member Medal of honor Medal of honor

Post time 2013-2-12 20:16:33 |Display all floors
grb Post time: 2013-2-12 20:10
Again, you are a foreigner, and if you do not follow the law you will be deported.

Yes I am but again, we can all do our bit to make sure that others obey the law as well, I am trying my best, not through fear of deportation but through a sense of moral responsibility. I could find cheaper good with non compliant suppliers but choose not to due to my morals. Every little helps.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2013-2-12 20:46:17 |Display all floors
futsanglung Post time: 2013-2-12 20:16
Yes I am but again, we can all do our bit to make sure that others obey the law as well, I am tryi ...

That is true, but not everyone has your sense of moral responsibility.  Your beliefs are more common in MNC's and foreign owned small enterprises.  Much more than Chinese owned companies.

Use magic tools Report

2016 Most Popular Member CD top contributor in April 2015 Most Popular Member Medal of honor Medal of honor

Post time 2013-2-12 20:52:45 |Display all floors
grb Post time: 2013-2-12 20:46
That is true, but not everyone has your sense of moral responsibility.  Your beliefs are more comm ...

But as I said every little counts, if everyone convinces two other enterprises to follow the difference would quickly be felt.

I must say though that I had a chuckle a couple of years ago when I visited an area with a lot of small stallholders and saw that Government posters stating that it was honourable to pay your taxes. Wonder if this made others change their minds?

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2013-2-12 21:00:00 |Display all floors
futsanglung Post time: 2013-2-12 20:52
But as I said every little counts, if everyone convinces two other enterprises to follow the diffe ...

The local governments LOVE to be paid taxes.  Makes them feel powerful and allows them to drive Audis.  There is a local tax office near our factory.  A luxurious building with a parking lot full of imported cars.  Less than 300 meters away are shacks and shanties without sewer services and running water.  The tax office is located in a resort area.  

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2013-2-12 21:03:23 |Display all floors
grb Post time: 2013-2-12 21:00
The local governments LOVE to be paid taxes.  Makes them feel powerful and allows them to drive Au ...

Hopefully the new top men will be as good as their word and this will steadily become a thing of the past

Use magic tools Report

You can't reply post until you log in Log in | register

BACK TO THE TOP
Contact us:Tel: (86)010-84883548, Email: blog@chinadaily.com.cn
Blog announcement:| We reserve the right, and you authorize us, to use content, including words, photos and videos, which you provide to our blog
platform, for non-profit purposes on China Daily media, comprising newspaper, website, iPad and other social media accounts.