Views: 5814|Replies: 13

Love Shack for 13 Year-Olds … ? [Copy link] 中文

Medal Medal of honor Gold Medal July's Best Writer 2012 October's Best Writer 2012

Post time 2013-2-11 11:47:22 |Display all floors

Cambodian fathers build sex huts for their nine to13-year-old daughters

Mail Online Feb 13th2013

Courting rituals between lovestruckyoungsters differ greatly from country to country.

In some places around the world, sexbefore marriage is considered a great taboo and the prospect of a teenage girlspending the night with her boyfriend remains highly unlikely.

But in one village in Cambodia,fathers go out of their way to encourage their daughters to have sex: bybuilding them love huts.

Love Shack 2.jpg

Members of the Kreung tribe in thenortheast of the country believe that women can be empowered through spendingthe night with different members of the other sex.

And when a girl reaches her earlyteenage years, or possibly even before, the love hut becomes the place for herto meet and get to know boys before deciding on her one true love.

The tribe believes the ancientpractice is the best way for girls to find their future husbands.

Love Shack 1.jpg

The Kreung people have, however,moved on from their previous tradition of using a cocktail of alcohol and acentipede as a contraceptive, and now use condoms.

But in a country whereHIV and AIDS remains prevalent, and where concerns are often raised about theexploitation of youngsters in sex trafficking cases, the idea of encouragingyoungsters to have sex so openly remains surprising.

Nang Chan, a 17-year-old girl whonow lives full time in the love hut in the back garden of her parent's house,believes they offer her, and other girls like her, a sense of empowerment,though.

'The huts provide us independenceand are the best way through which we can explore our true lover,' she toldTechpuffs.com.

'If I find some special boyfriendand we both love each other, then I'll get intimate with him and have sex in myhut.

'But if I stop loving him and findanother boy that I see more attractive, then I'll stop having sex with myprevious boyfriend.'

Dr Sudeepta Varma, speaking toNational Geographic said that from a western perspective, love huts might beregarded as taboo as parents are usually looked upon as 'protectors' of awoman's virginity, and not promoters of it.

According to villagers, divorce andsexual violence in the community remains non-existent, and young women onlyengage in relationships with those they feel comfortable with.

Despite the liberal attitudestowards sex between unmarried youngsters, however, couples must save theprivilege of being seen in the day together until they are happily engaged tobe married.

What the world needs is more geniuses with humility, there are so few of us left  -   Oscar Levant

Use magic tools Report

Medal Medal of honor Gold Medal July's Best Writer 2012 October's Best Writer 2012

Post time 2013-2-11 16:54:12 |Display all floors
Do you think this tribe have it right  ...  ?

Give their adolescent children love huts to pick their future husband ........   ??

What the world needs is more geniuses with humility, there are so few of us left  -   Oscar Levant

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2013-2-11 22:18:59 |Display all floors
Would you build a 'love-hut' for your young daughter to have sex in  .......    ?   

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2013-2-11 23:59:05 |Display all floors
Since this is not Han doing this, I don't care who has sex with who at whatever age. I am only interested in the genetic quality of Han.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2013-2-12 00:04:58 |Display all floors
Transhumanism- Post time: 2013-2-11 23:59
Since this is not Han doing this, I don't care who has sex with who at whatever age. I am only inter ...

how would you define "genetic quality of Han"?
some day Jiangsu will rule China

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2013-2-12 00:21:59 |Display all floors
expatter Post time: 2013-2-11 16:54
Do you think this tribe have it right  ...  ?

Give their adolescent children love huts to pick thei ...

Well, legal age of consent in Cambodia is 15.
So 9 would precede that by 6 years, quite a lot at that age.
And would likely also precede puberty.

您买象牙 - 您杀了大象!
http://v.youku.com/v_show/id_XNjU1Nzg0NDky.html - “用现代文明标准比划中国人,是严重的种族歧视行为。”
„Ich ficke wo, wen, und wann ich will, hast du mich verstanden. Auch du könntest ficken, aber du kannst es ja gar nicht, deine deutsche Genauigkeit... verbietet es dir“. Jean-Claude Juncker

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2013-2-12 00:34:08 |Display all floors
LCSULLA Post time: 2013-2-12 00:21
Well, legal age of consent in Cambodia is 15.
So 9 would precede that by 6 years, quite a lot at t ...

It is a bit odd isn't it  .......  ?

But apparently this is tradition ........

Oh .....   !

Just over 100 years ago girls were married off pre-puberty and I suppose that was because the mortality rate was about 30 years old back then .......

And on a more horrific note the age does not deter pedos  .........   

Use magic tools Report

You can't reply post until you log in Log in | register

BACK TO THE TOP
Contact us:Tel: (86)010-84883548, Email: blog@chinadaily.com.cn
Blog announcement:| We reserve the right, and you authorize us, to use content, including words, photos and videos, which you provide to our blog
platform, for non-profit purposes on China Daily media, comprising newspaper, website, iPad and other social media accounts.