Views: 1854|Replies: 5

Carbon dioxide also acts as an airborne fertiliser, .... [Copy link] 中文

Post time 2013-2-10 01:20:18 |Display all floors
This post was edited by sansukong at 2013-2-10 01:43

WEDNESDAY, FEBRUARY 06, 2013

Warmist Peter Cox: Remember my much-quoted study about CO2 killing off the Amazon rainforest? I just remembered that CO2 is plant food, so never mind

Amazon forest more resilient to climate change than feared – study | Firstpost
OSLO (Reuters) – The Amazon rainforest is less vulnerable to die off because of global warming than widely believed because the greenhouse gas carbon dioxide also acts as an airborne fertiliser, a study showed on Wednesday.

The boost to growth from CO2, the main gas from burning fossil fuels blamed for causing climate change, was likely to exceed damaging effects of rising temperatures this century such as drought, it said.

“I am no longer so worried about a catastrophic die-back due to CO2-induced climate change,” Professor Peter Cox of the University of Exeter in England told Reuters of the study he led in the journal Nature. “In that sense it’s good news.”

Cox was also the main author of a much-quoted study in 2000 that projected that the Amazon rainforest might dry out from about 2050 and die off because of warming.

POSTED BY TOM           AT 3:48 PM

FIRST NATIONS ( LAKOTA PEOPLE ) Heartbreaking - (Google Search for video) "to stay true to who you are. Never allow anyone make you different or think different about what it is you are created to be ...

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2013-2-10 06:58:42 |Display all floors
This post was edited by sansukong at 2013-2-10 12:38

1975 : Climate Scientists Wanted To Melt The Arctic – To Save The Planet From Bad Weather                                                                                                                     

Posted on February 7, 2013by stevengoddard

Climate scientists are much smarter now, and know that bad weather is caused by melted ice. It used to be caused by unmelted ice.

FIRST NATIONS ( LAKOTA PEOPLE ) Heartbreaking - (Google Search for video) "to stay true to who you are. Never allow anyone make you different or think different about what it is you are created to be ...

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2013-2-10 07:19:21 |Display all floors
New paper finds natural variability controls CO2 levels, not man
Wednesday, February 6th 2013, 9:23 AM EST
Co2sceptic (Site Admin)

An important new paper published today in Global Biogeochemical Cycles finds that "In contrast to recent claims, trends in the airborne fraction of anthropogenic carbon [dioxide] cannot be detected when accounting for the decadal-scale influence of explosive volcanism and related uncertainties." In other words, after accounting for the large effect of volcanic eruptions, ENSO, and other uncertainties upon natural CO2 sinks, trends in the man-made fraction of atmospheric CO2 "cannot be detected." Thus, despite an exponential increase in man-made CO2 emissions, there is no statistically significant trend in the man-made fraction of CO2 in the atmosphere.

This further suggests that man is not the primary cause of the increase of CO2 in the atmosphere, that temperature is responsible for the increase in CO2 levels due to out-gassing. According to the authors, "Our results highlight the importance of considering the role of natural variability in the carbon cycle for interpretation of observations and for data-model intercomparison."

Note man-made emissions are only about 4% of the total CO2 emissions in the atmosphere, and CO2 only represents about 0.04% of the entire atmosphere

Click source to read more and linkSource Link: hockeyschtick.blogspot.co.uk

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2013-2-10 23:46:39 |Display all floors
The XL pipe line decision is coming out soon from the Obama administration.

So....that is why your masters asked you to jack up the out put?

I've made my living, Mr. Thompson, in large part as a gambler. Some days I make twenty bets, some days I make none. There are weeks, sometimes months, in fact, when I don't make any bet at all because ...

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2013-2-10 23:51:04 |Display all floors
From the progressive side, we too are not sure what Obama will do.......

Will Obama ditch the progressives who voted him into power?

We consider this XL decision will tell us definitely what is Obama made of........is he made of sterner stuff? Or would Obama be blackmailed by rats?
I've made my living, Mr. Thompson, in large part as a gambler. Some days I make twenty bets, some days I make none. There are weeks, sometimes months, in fact, when I don't make any bet at all because ...

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2013-2-10 23:57:12 |Display all floors
A serious response to climate change requires that a lot of the hydro carbons will have to remain in the ground.

And Canadian shale oil is the most dirty source and must remain in the ground if America is to be serious about this climate change threat......

Ps.....all your stuffs are discredited side shows......

Side shows for the public....but not even in the serious discussions of both sides of the XL pipe line decision........

Use magic tools Report

You can't reply post until you log in Log in | register

BACK TO THE TOP
Contact us:Tel: (86)010-84883548, Email: blog@chinadaily.com.cn
Blog announcement:| We reserve the right, and you authorize us, to use content, including words, photos and videos, which you provide to our blog
platform, for non-profit purposes on China Daily media, comprising newspaper, website, iPad and other social media accounts.