- Registration time
- Last login
- Online time
- 142 Hour
- Reading permission
This post was edited by Prometheus2 at 2013-2-8 21:12|
Chechen Post time: 2013-2-8 12:25
Promethius, please give an example of Mr. Pilgers sensationalist crap that meets foregone conclusi ...
"The revolt in the Arab world is against not merely a resident dictator, but a
worldwide economic tyranny, designed by the US Treasury and imposed by the US
Agency for International Development, the IMF and the World Bank, which have
ensured that rich countries such as Egypt are reduced to vast sweatshops, with
40 per cent of the population earning less than $2 a day. The people's triumph
in Cairo was the first blow against what Benito Mussolini called corporatism, a
word that appears in his definition of fascism."
... Maybe he hasn't noticed, but what most of the Arab protesters say they want are the very freedoms that they know full well, even if Pilger doesn't, to be available in the West. No doubt he believes they are labouring under some massive mind-control delusion engineered by the CIA.
- He is an apologist for Communist crimes all around the world. For example while reporting in Vietnam he continually made excuses for the North Vietnamese massacres of civilians when questioned why he never reported them. He went as far to say it was America's racist war that caused the North Vietnamese army to force hundreds of thousands of Chinese vietnamese into the sea where over 250 000 drowned as if the communists had no blame.
- He regularly lies about statistics. Eg. At one stage he said that over 1400 women and children had been killed by Israel's Gaza offensive when even the highest Palestinian statistics were in the low hundreds.
He said that North Vietnam sent more food aid to cambodia than the entire West. Which was the most blatant lie considering that firstly, it wasn't true, and secondly that all the food went to the Vietnamese army stationed there and not the starving Cambodians.
- He stated that the U.S's use of the Atomic bomb on Japan were criminal and that air superiority and conventional bombing would be enough, not realising that the U.S conventional bombings that created the firestorms were far worse in terms of casualties and far more horrific.
- He just about the most rabid anti-U.S and anti-Israel biased journalist there is. He calls the U.S the land of slavery and regularly talks about its tyranny. Yet ignores any anti-U.S country as if they are all perfect. Not once does he criticize ANYTHING regarding countries that are not associated with the West.
- Completely hypocrytical - Supposedly the West are all slaves under the tyranny of elite in Washington yet do you ever hear about an anti-U.S country as tyrannical? Never. Not once did he condemn the crushing of protests by Qadaffi. Dictators are perfectly fine everywhere except of course the dictators in the West. Lol.
I could go on and on but would take days. There is a reason only the extreme left in the West would even accept some of what he says as truth. This thread article is sensationalist in itself clutching at straws to try and meet his forgone conclusins. If the U.S was trying to contain China economically in Africa, then why on earth is China benefitting most and allowed by the U.S into Iraq and Afghanistan? The reason it makes no sense is because its just the inane delusions of an anti-american extreme lefist who see CIA plots everywhere.