Views: 6318|Replies: 13

Global warming only visible under a microscope [Copy link] 中文

Post time 2013-2-6 04:35:39 |Display all floors
This post was edited by sansukong at 2013-2-6 03:43

Global warming only visible under a microscope

Excerpt:

As noted by Pierre Gosselin (via another blog), a prominent senior climate scientist Lennart Bengtsson whose publication and citation record is rather formidable has said something that you must have heard many times from your humble correspondent:

We Are Creating Great Anxiety Without It Being Justified…there are no indications that the warming is so severe that we need to panic.

‘The warming we have had the last a 100 years is so small that if we didn’t have had meteorologists and climatologists to measure it we wouldn’t have noticed it at all.’

The Earth appears to have cooling properties that exceeds the previous thought ones, and that computer models are inadequate to try to foretell a chaotic object like the climate, where actual observations is the only way to go.
A commenter mentions that this could have been the first time when the Swedish media interviewed an actual achieved climate scientist rather than an activist.
We often argue what the term "global warming" could possibly mean, whether it exists, and whether it's man-made. But there's one key issue – I believe a more important feature for the life of the society than the previous two – that is often overlooked. And it's the fact that the effects of global warming are so extremely weak that we need extremely precise measurements that are simultaneously performed almost everywhere throughout the globe at almost every moment during many decades or a century and we need very sophisticated statistical procedures to process the observations if we want to see an "effect" at all.

e end, we may see an "effect", som

FIRST NATIONS ( LAKOTA PEOPLE ) Heartbreaking - (Google Search for video) "to stay true to who you are. Never allow anyone make you different or think different about what it is you are created to be ...

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2013-2-6 09:00:28 |Display all floors
Not only microscope,
Rat eyes and rats brains also have to change.
I've made my living, Mr. Thompson, in large part as a gambler. Some days I make twenty bets, some days I make none. There are weeks, sometimes months, in fact, when I don't make any bet at all because ...

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2013-2-6 09:27:07 |Display all floors
Revolutionar Post time: 2013-2-6 09:00
Not only microscope,
Rat eyes and rats brains also have to change.

Revolting

Revolting deposits vast amounts of garbage on these pages.I wonder who sponsors him.
9/11 was an inside job.
No second plane.It was a bomb.Bomb in the other building.
You KNOW without a doubt the videos are fake,right ?!
Planes don't meld into steel and concrete buildings.They crash into them !!!!!!!
It's amazing how the building ate the plane !!!
Imagine those fragile wings cutting slots in massive steel columns !!!!!
How STUPID can they think the people are to believe that crap ??!!

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2013-2-6 09:32:43 |Display all floors
This post was edited by Revolutionar at 2013-2-6 09:33
petera Post time: 2013-2-6 09:27
Revolting

Revolting deposits vast amounts of garbage on these pages.I wonder who sponsors him.

My stocks  and shares are my main sponsors.

Plus a few properties here and there.
I've made my living, Mr. Thompson, in large part as a gambler. Some days I make twenty bets, some days I make none. There are weeks, sometimes months, in fact, when I don't make any bet at all because ...

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2013-2-6 10:08:35 |Display all floors
petera Post time: 2013-2-6 09:27
Revolting

and by the way, I just bought some shares.....while doing this post.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2013-2-9 14:03:12 |Display all floors
This post was edited by sansukong at 2013-2-9 13:24
seneca Post time: 2013-2-7 02:18
The atmospheric pollution over Beijing is visible not under a microscope but over everybody's head.  ...
The pollution is now causing alarm in foreign countries - the Koreas, Japan.

While you keep badmouthing about China, you have conveniently left out about the radioactive fallout from Fukushima, as if it is not harmful enough to be mentioned!

Translating  .......

当你不断地有关中国的唱衰,你故意留下福岛放射性尘埃,仿佛它不是有害的!

FIRST NATIONS ( LAKOTA PEOPLE ) Heartbreaking - (Google Search for video) "to stay true to who you are. Never allow anyone make you different or think different about what it is you are created to be ...

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2013-2-9 14:15:34 |Display all floors

RE: Global warming only visible under a microscope

PS: Some of Lennart Bengtsson awards:

2007 Rossby Prize 2007 by the Swedish Geophysical Society (SGS)
2007 Elected Honorary Member of the American Meteorological Society (AMS)
2006 International Meteorological Organization (IMO) Prize of the World Meteorological Organization (WMO)
2005 Descartes Research Prize
1999 Fellow of American Meteorological Society
1998 Umweltpreis 1998 der Deutschen Bundesstiftung Umwelt
1998 Member of the Finnish Academy of Science
1996 Milutin Milancovic medal by the European Geophysical Society
1995 Member of the Nordrhein-Westfälischen Wissenschaftsakademie
1993 Member of the Swedish Academy of Science
1991 Honorary Member of the Swedish Meteorological Society
1990 Doctor honoris causa, University of Stockholm
1990 Förderpreis and the Golden Rosette for European Science by the Körberstiftung, Hamburg
1989 Member of Academia Europea
1986 Julius von Hann´s Gold Medal by the Austrian Meteorological Society

Publications:http://www.mpimet.mpg.de/en/staff/lennart-bengtsson/refer.html

Photo credit: Max Planck Institute.

Use magic tools Report

You can't reply post until you log in Log in | register

BACK TO THE TOP
Contact us:Tel: (86)010-84883548, Email: blog@chinadaily.com.cn
Blog announcement:| We reserve the right, and you authorize us, to use content, including words, photos and videos, which you provide to our blog
platform, for non-profit purposes on China Daily media, comprising newspaper, website, iPad and other social media accounts.