Views: 8939|Replies: 10

Have you ever been pressured by parents to get married?   [Copy link] 中文

August's Best Contributor 2012

Post time 2013-1-29 17:27:41 |Display all floors
In China, it's a common phenomenon that parents are involved in children's private life even if they're adults. My mother keeps nagging all the time, "You should find a boyfriend and get married." I keep getting annoyed and just keep telling her i don't want to marry or have a boyfriend because I want to enjoy my single life. I'm tired of feeling this kind of pressure. What's the big deal about boyfriends or marriage? And my mother keeps wishing for grandchildren. Have you ever pressured by your parents to get married? How would you deal with it?

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2013-1-29 17:44:16 |Display all floors
My mother said after my second wife passed away keep it in my pants but my third wife thinks other wise and whom am I to say no  
And the humans replied "Let the wolfs take care of the strays "

Mia clementia denor esto

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2013-1-29 23:28:44 |Display all floors
even though i am a college student,my mother does not encourage me to find girlfriend before graduating..ohmygod,i once refused a beautiful girl.
The human must have the will,otherwise will accomplish nothing.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2013-1-30 01:06:18 |Display all floors
In the US, it is a phenomenon with women only.

What do you mean by:
I keep getting annoyed and just keep telling her i don't want to marry or have a boyfriend because I want to enjoy my single life.

That you don't want a serious boyfriend, would rather have one-night stands?

Or that boyfriends are not fun to you?

Most people I know, when they say they want to enjoy their single life, it means they want to date, have a boy/girlfriend, (and lots of sex) but not have a deep commitment.

My mom told me that being a grandparent is wonderful, because one can enjoy the kids to the extent that they want, not be stuck with them all the time.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2013-1-30 11:18:31 |Display all floors
I also have the same situation. The feeling of parents can be understood, but i want to say that in today's society, it is not easy to find a good guy to get marriaged, which is a cautious thing.  Therefore we need to take a lot of time to look for a person who is suitable for ourselves.  So dear dad and mum please give more time and space to meet a suitable boy.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2013-1-30 11:37:00 |Display all floors
Older generation in China =

- 100% result in primary exams
- 100% result in Mid School exams
- Go to University
- 100% in result university exams
- Find a boyfriend/Girlfriend
- House
- Get married
- Grand Children

Thats all folks..... no requirement for what their children actually want or if they are even happy.
These are the essence of life yet not considered as important by most of the older generation.

Now the big question is, will the new generation be like their parents?

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2013-1-30 11:45:37 |Display all floors
Luckily, my parents do not urge me in this issue. Maybe one or two years later, they will.

Use magic tools Report

You can't reply post until you log in Log in | register

BACK TO THE TOP
Contact us:Tel: (86)010-84883548, Email: blog@chinadaily.com.cn
Blog announcement:| We reserve the right, and you authorize us, to use content, including words, photos and videos, which you provide to our blog
platform, for non-profit purposes on China Daily media, comprising newspaper, website, iPad and other social media accounts.