Author: Smaug

Trying to understand my Chinese girlfriend. HELP!   [Copy link] 中文

Post time 2013-10-21 17:13:18 |Display all floors
Hi Smaug.
I hope this thread still gose on becuz it seems you started it a long time ago.
About the story you told at the very begining. I totally understand ur gf. becuz saying " thanks" is a much easier way to stop the personal topic. And she sure knew both the boss and herself were not taking that conversation seriously. If ur gf have said "i am seeing someone,thanks anyway".
More question would come, especially to a single mom. That's how i do it. You know something in Chinese culture is hard for a foreigner to understand. Vise-versa. :-)
How is everything going with you and gf now? From your story i can feel you care about her very much. So should you have any question. come here and discuss. coz we are kinda expericing the same.

Good Day
As for culture difference, I have sometime been puzzled about it too. So i can feel how you feel. There are a lot we can talk about it.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2013-10-21 20:16:43 |Display all floors
binbin, thanks for your comments.

You know, I was glad to see that it was not such an easy issue! Some (even Chinese) feel she is/was a passport-hunter, others that she is/was a cheater, etc.

But now, I'm comforted that there are others who feel as she does.

I was worried for a while that her lack of a warm family life growing up may have "damaged" her permanently. But you seem like a normal, friendly person.

As for how things are going between her and me, I would reply: "As well as can be expected, considering we are 7,500 miles apart." We stay in touch by email, chat, phone, letters, and video chat. Just this morning, she sent me a warm email with birthday wishes.

coz we are kinda expericing the same.

Oh? Please tell me about it, maybe I/we can help you too!

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2014-1-9 23:19:38 |Display all floors
Smaug Post time: 2013-10-21 20:16
binbin, thanks for your comments.

You know, I was glad to see that it was not such an easy issue!  ...

Hi Smaug. It's me again. I replied to your message already. hope you get it. Have a good day!

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2014-1-12 02:43:50 |Display all floors
this woman can not be trusted ,she doesnt care you at least nowdays .she hasnt seen that you can give her a bright future .neverless ,u single or not is not a big issure ,the is a woman who doesnt care u while having regular sex with u .just play with her if u like ,leave her as quickly as possible if u feelt hurt.
generally speaking .leave her as best as  u can ,women like her cant be trusted ,believe me ,she is not trusted by her workmates ,her relatives .and her has no real friends .sure she has what u callled good education backgroud and good job ,but i am sure he has already met her career celling .it is impossible for a women like her to get a successful career ,because she is not  even trusted by her classmates .
you are just a person who helps her to kill time ,and u are not the only man that can do that in her eyes .
and ,nothing about culture .if she really loves you ,she would already have announced the relationship between your two .
such women can not be trusted.leave her as possilble .best luck

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2014-1-12 04:14:58 |Display all floors
You to
Stan, you're holding a gun to God's head. I can't think of a metaphor that's better than this.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2014-5-15 20:40:42 |Display all floors
Ghosty Post time: 2013-1-25 03:55
The best way to know a person is in the batle field.

Definetely that woman is a ¨passport hunter¨ ...

definitely against your thoughts, in my opinion , Chinese girls are very conservative and shy. maybe, all her colleagues are not aware of the relation between the blogger and the woman, and as you mentioned, often this kind of love is mistaken as 'passport hunter'. it will burden her with more stress. so , i am not with your idea. i think , it's just nature that a Chinese women who is too shy to refuse other's offer and a short cut to avoid more jealous and unjustified thoughts form others.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2015-4-18 18:23:41 |Display all floors
Smaug:You just follow your heart,anything is not a problem if you communicate each other honestly.And wish both of you have a happy life.

Use magic tools Report

You can't reply post until you log in Log in | register

BACK TO THE TOP
Contact us:Tel: (86)010-84883548, Email: blog@chinadaily.com.cn
Blog announcement:| We reserve the right, and you authorize us, to use content, including words, photos and videos, which you provide to our blog
platform, for non-profit purposes on China Daily media, comprising newspaper, website, iPad and other social media accounts.