Views: 6440|Replies: 14

Dirty but delicious street food? Any recommendation? [Copy link] 中文

Post time 2013-1-15 17:14:03 |Display all floors
Compared with Haute Cuisine served in those up-scale restaurants, I found some people are fonder of the street food. Especially when I hang out with my friends, we would prefer those street stands food for dinners.

We don’t have to wear official suit or fancy dress. The atmosphere around those street stands is easy and cheerful.

More than that, I find it is weird. These small restaurants can be dirty but delicious. Is there any street food which has ever impressed you? If yes, I would be glad if you can share or post photos here.

Use magic tools Report

2016 Most Popular Member 2015 Most Popular Member 2014 Most Popular Member

Post time 2013-1-15 17:28:32 |Display all floors
Nachos, from a street vendor.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2013-1-15 17:30:00 |Display all floors
oh my dear foggyweather, when will i have the time to reply to all your questions.....
some day Jiangsu will rule China

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2013-1-15 17:30:17 |Display all floors
Stinky Tofu, Changsha

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2013-1-15 17:39:28 |Display all floors
letee Post time: 2013-1-15 17:30
Stinky Tofu, Changsha

are you a wholesaler of that stinky stuff there in CHANGSHA? or why do you promote it often? WE ALL KNOW IT, it´s available all over China, that much for your info.
some day Jiangsu will rule China

Use magic tools Report

Glod Medal August's Best Writer 2012

Post time 2013-1-15 17:43:17 |Display all floors
This post was edited by WhiteBear at 2013-1-15 17:47

I like to taste many street-food snacks, sometimes as a snack on the go, and sometimes as "more serious" dish (breakfast, lunch, dinner...).

If it is just a snack during shopping, or recreational walking around - I choose something "on the stick" if possibe.
Meats, meat balls, dough balls, fried vegetables (like small potaos), fruits (my favourite fruit in the stick - slice of pineaple)...

When eating as a dish - I choose almost any that I can find, and seems tasty.
Noodles (in soup, or fried) and dumplings, baozi, mantou, pancakes, fried eggs, fried or steamed meat...

The "key of the selection" is:
- where a lot of (local) people eats (longest line of waiting people)
- where the smell is pleasent for me (I stay away from dofu for example)

When eating "streetfood" I prefere disposable plates (or mentioned sticks), trying to avoid "washed" dishes and chopsticks. But there is no other option - no problem

I prefer "street food" over "restaurant food" in most cases, but sometimes local food is hard to be served as a street food - in that case I try to find smal, local restaurant."Fancy restaurants" are not my favourite places to eat.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2013-1-16 21:15:00 |Display all floors
you can eat theTaihe Banmian,if you have a chance to go to Taihe of Anhui Provence

Use magic tools Report

You can't reply post until you log in Log in | register

BACK TO THE TOP
Contact us:Tel: (86)010-84883548, Email: blog@chinadaily.com.cn
Blog announcement:| We reserve the right, and you authorize us, to use content, including words, photos and videos, which you provide to our blog
platform, for non-profit purposes on China Daily media, comprising newspaper, website, iPad and other social media accounts.