Author: ttt222

Does US have plans to start a new Cold War?   [Copy link] 中文

Post time 2013-1-17 23:17:23 |Display all floors
JFenix Post time: 2013-1-17 07:10
From what it looks like on my end, the US would love nothing more than for everyone to play nice in  ...

not quite exactly what the US has in mind all this time but to sell more arms to jpn, south corea & formosa  
a man who uses his hands is a laborer. one who uses his hands and his mind is a craftsman. but he who uses his hands, his mind, and his heart, is an artist...

Use magic tools Report

Medal Medal of honor Gold Medal July's Best Writer 2012 October's Best Writer 2012

Post time 2013-1-17 23:23:08 |Display all floors
JFenix Post time: 2013-1-17 23:10
From what it looks like on my end, the US would love nothing more than for everyone to play nice in  ...

I don't think that is realistic  .........

1) Why was it the S. Koreans that refused to sign the peace treaty with the North when they were completely controlled by the US  ..........   ?

2) Why did the US not put a proviso into the 1972 deal to allow Japan the civil administration of Okinawa and the islands  .......  ?

In both cases it would have lessened the tensions .........

In both case the tensions remain and the US gets the weapons sales  .......  !!!

What the world needs is more geniuses with humility, there are so few of us left  -   Oscar Levant

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2013-1-17 23:23:16 |Display all floors
youknowhat Post time: 2013-1-17 23:17
not quite exactly what the US has in mind all this time but to sell more arms to jpn, south corea  ...

I don't think anyone is twisting their arms.....

Really, there is no threat.  China needs to focus on her relationship with her neighbors.  

Besides, I don't think those in power in china really believe the US is out to get them.  Its just propaganda made for the home audience.  

The reality is they are in bed with the US and they don't want to perpetuate an image of being too close to the US.  I don't think people in china would be all the comfortable with that.  Same goes here (for some).  

Behold the turtle. He makes progress only when he sticks his neck out.

-  James Bryant Conant

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2013-1-17 23:30:28 |Display all floors
expatter Post time: 2013-1-17 17:26
Agreed  .........   !

I would very much like to see China take a pragmatic stance, but I canno ...

You say "agreed" but then you go on to write many totally irrelevant things. Meh.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2013-1-18 10:43:34 |Display all floors
expatter Post time: 2013-1-17 23:23
I don't think that is realistic  .........

1) Why was it the S. Koreans that refused to sign the  ...
2) Why did the US not put a proviso into the 1972 deal to allow Japan the civil administration of Okinawa and the islands  .......  ?

Such a sad quote, i mean one must be crazily anti-Japanese to say such things, especially considering that the supreme majority of Okinawan's consider themselves Japanese OR both Japanese and Okinawan's and it's a bit hypocritical because they don't burn themselves to death for independence like some other people.

Use magic tools Report

Medal Medal of honor Gold Medal July's Best Writer 2012 October's Best Writer 2012

Post time 2013-1-18 10:59:50 |Display all floors
Eudaimonia Post time: 2013-1-18 10:43
Such a sad quote, i mean one must be crazily anti-Japanese to say such things, especially consid ...

No ........

You have not looked at the history of Okinawa and what a dreadful time they had a second class citizens after 1869 where even their languages were banned  .........

Up to 200,000 were killed by the Japanese in the final days of the war through using them as waves against the Americans and mass suicides promoted by the Japanese  .......

They were slated for independence by Roosevelt and Chiang Kai-shek and that was ignored ......

Despite massive protests Okinawans have been sidelined and ignored  .........

That has nothing to do with anti-Japanese and it is merely stating facts  .........    !

What the world needs is more geniuses with humility, there are so few of us left  -   Oscar Levant

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2013-1-18 11:23:53 |Display all floors
expatter Post time: 2013-1-18 10:59
No ........

You have not looked at the history of Okinawa and what a dreadful time they had a sec ...

Sure, there was a war ~150+ years ago, but that's a loooooooooooooooong time ago, and as i've said...

the supreme majority of Okinawan's consider themselves Japanese OR both Japanese and Okinawan's and it's a bit hypocritical (your quote) because they don't burn themselves to death for independence like some other people.

It seems like Chinese ultra-nationalists have an urge to ignore the passing of time, they do this all the time - especially if it's for something that suits their anti-Japanese arguments. That's a very bad thing that distorts reality though.

Use magic tools Report

You can't reply post until you log in Log in | register

BACK TO THE TOP
Contact us:Tel: (86)010-84883548, Email: blog@chinadaily.com.cn
Blog announcement:| We reserve the right, and you authorize us, to use content, including words, photos and videos, which you provide to our blog
platform, for non-profit purposes on China Daily media, comprising newspaper, website, iPad and other social media accounts.