Author: ttt222

Does US have plans to start a new Cold War?   [Copy link] 中文

Post time 2013-1-17 20:44:13 |Display all floors
dusty1 Post time: 2013-1-17 18:34
and you as well

my stupid remarks are remarkably intelligent, obviously you missed this.
you may think you live outside the box, but your really just inside another one.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2013-1-17 21:22:29 |Display all floors
In fact, most Asia-Pacific countries are opposed to another Cold War, and do not want to choose sides.

Well I don't believe anyone wants a cold war, but you are lying if you are trying to say that neighboring countries are not pushing the US to back them up.  

And the US does not have to trick japan or south korea into having fears of china's expansion of power.  It comes from bad histories.

All China has to do is to make better relationships with their neighbors so they don't have fear of China's intentions.

Putting the blame on the US, is not very mature considering the context.

Behold the turtle. He makes progress only when he sticks his neck out.

-  James Bryant Conant

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2013-1-17 21:32:44 |Display all floors
Why always paint China out to be some big victim.

Can't we move past that yet?  Don't you think they have proved themselves enough yet that they can stand to have a wee bit more pride?

I'm just so sick of seeing all this type of garbage on here.

China, as the second-largest economy, is on par with the US and all other developed nations.

They do not have a disadvantage.   

China has proven herself to be quite capable.  Its insulting at this point to paint them as constant victims.

-  James Bryant Conant

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2013-1-17 21:38:21 |Display all floors
I don't understand how these 'patriots' go on continuously by making china sound weak instead of celebrating her successes.  

Seems a bit off to me.  There is much to be proud of.  Why can't people see this?

-  James Bryant Conant

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2013-1-17 21:42:04 |Display all floors
This post was edited by Prometheus2 at 2013-1-17 21:44
woshier Post time: 2013-1-17 16:18
So why all the hullabaloo about China!!! Please get off that donkey, it's tired.

China has territorial disputes with almost all her neighbours. China has been aggressive in stating her claim while rapidly building her military. These countries at the receiving end of China's ire are often allies of the U.S. China's opaque leadership and intentions are another factor. Hopefully you will be beggining to understand by now. The U.S has been the dominant military power in Asia since the end of ww2 yet Asian nations have just started spendind large amounts on their military in the last 10 year's as China's rise has become apparent. If you cannot understand that other countries will naturally hedge then you have no hope of comprehending why there is a hullabaloo regarding China.
I may disagree with what you say, but I'll defend to the death your right to say it - Voltaire

The secret of freedom lies in educating people, whereas the secret of tyranny is in keeping them
ignora

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2013-1-17 22:01:24 |Display all floors
You miss the point, as usual.
you may think you live outside the box, but your really just inside another one.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2013-1-17 22:04:17 |Display all floors
woshier Post time: 2013-1-18 00:01
You miss the point, as usual.

In the general scheme of things, China has be passive compared to the USA.

Use magic tools Report

You can't reply post until you log in Log in | register

BACK TO THE TOP
Contact us:Tel: (86)010-84883548, Email: blog@chinadaily.com.cn
Blog announcement:| We reserve the right, and you authorize us, to use content, including words, photos and videos, which you provide to our blog
platform, for non-profit purposes on China Daily media, comprising newspaper, website, iPad and other social media accounts.