Views: 8813|Replies: 30

What is "chocolate truffles"? How does it taste like? [Copy link] 中文

Post time 2013-1-14 16:56:30 |Display all floors
This post was edited by rainyweather at 2013-1-15 14:50

Yesterday I was watching a popular talk show. The host was interviewing a celebrity and asked her then“which snack is your favorite dessert?” She answered without any hesitation, "Chocolate Truffles."

I love food. However, I have never tasted it before. What is "chocolate truffles"? How does it look like? Does it taste really good? What is the difference betwween chocolate truffles and other chocolate?

Do you have any idea about where I can buy chocolate truffles with authentic flavor in Beijing? Which brand can you recommend?

My mom's favorite is chocolate. I really want to buy nice chocolate truffels as the Chinese New Year's gift for her. Looking forward to your help.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2013-1-14 17:10:13 |Display all floors
that was your 888th post, congrats.....
some day Jiangsu will rule China

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2013-1-14 17:16:09 |Display all floors
A chocolate truffle is a type of chocolate confectionery, traditionally made with a chocolate ganache center coated in chocolate, icing sugar, cocoa powder or chopped toasted nuts (typically hazelnuts, almonds or coconut), usually in a spherical, conical, or curved shape. Other fillings may replace the ganache: cream, melted chocolate, caramel, nuts, almonds, berries, or other assorted sweet fruits, nougat, fudge, or toffee, mint, chocolate chips, marshmallow, and, popularly, liqueur.

Their name derives from the usual shape they take as the word 'truffle' derives from the Latin word tuber, meaning "swelling" or "lump", which later became tufer.

Truffles are sometimes made with various alcohol flavorings. This includes truffles flavored with vodka, rum, wine, brandy, and even beer.

If you really want to buy take enough money with you, 100g of good quality is at least 50 kuai.

Use magic tools Report

2016 Most Popular Member 2015 Most Popular Member 2014 Most Popular Member

Post time 2013-1-14 17:18:15 |Display all floors
yum

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2013-1-14 17:27:20 |Display all floors
dusty1 Post time: 2013-1-14 17:18
yum

pls give me more details or description. how yummy it is? i v no idea. it is too subtle if you only say "yum"

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2013-1-14 17:51:09 |Display all floors
rainyweather Post time: 2013-1-14 17:27
pls give me more details or description. how yummy it is? i v no idea. it is too subtle if you onl ...

how would you describe the taste of rice? details pls

Use magic tools Report

2016 Most Popular Member 2015 Most Popular Member 2014 Most Popular Member

Post time 2013-1-14 17:53:42 |Display all floors
rainyweather Post time: 2013-1-14 17:27
pls give me more details or description. how yummy it is? i v no idea. it is too subtle if you onl ...

It is like a taste of heaven in your mouth.

Use magic tools Report

You can't reply post until you log in Log in | register

BACK TO THE TOP
Contact us:Tel: (86)010-84883548, Email: blog@chinadaily.com.cn
Blog announcement:| We reserve the right, and you authorize us, to use content, including words, photos and videos, which you provide to our blog
platform, for non-profit purposes on China Daily media, comprising newspaper, website, iPad and other social media accounts.