Author: waiboshu

Which country has the best food?   [Copy link] 中文

Post time 2013-1-17 16:54:03 |Display all floors
I love pizza so much and clam chowder. {:soso_e102:}

Use magic tools Report

Gold Medal

Post time 2013-1-17 18:42:18 |Display all floors
Even in a thread about Intl food the main activity is name calling and chest trumping. Sad but true.

Well, I believe that we've all different preferences and taste. It's impossible to say which country has the best here and the best there. What A likes, B doesn't eat. This is also the main reason why I do not believe in Michelin's or other companies' "star parade". It's of course excellent for the owner of a restaurant but far less for the guests who do frequent such an establishment.

Of course I also have my likes and dislikes but I don't want to generalize again. Therefore I just mention a few dishes that I really like:

- Shabu shabu with a special sauce which nobody can make as perfect as the Zakuro chain in Tokyo.

- Sichuan steamed chicken with Chili Sauce
- Peking Duck - but not often because it's a 'heavy dish'

- Thai food in general but in particular Tom Yam Goong - of course with hot sauces

- Excellent Italian and French food in a nice restaurant setting.

- and of course fresh sashimi and sushi - any time of the day - I'm always ready to eat some.  {:soso_e100:}

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2013-1-17 22:05:17 |Display all floors
Italy number 1, Japan number 2, China number 3.
I may disagree with what you say, but I'll defend to the death your right to say it - Voltaire

The secret of freedom lies in educating people, whereas the secret of tyranny is in keeping them
ignora

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2013-1-18 08:05:31 |Display all floors
french cuisine

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2013-1-18 14:33:30 |Display all floors
seneca Post time: 2013-1-17 17:07
There are so many different pizze (plural of pizza) - you need to make up your mind as to what top ...

I  have eaten many differents pizza. But I never saw any  pizza topped with strawberry icecream. And I don't like pizza with pineapple and some sweety can fruits. Rest are all ok for me.  I like pizza when it is just taken out from oven. Yummy.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2013-1-18 17:42:03 |Display all floors
This post was edited by jiayangguizi8 at 2013-1-18 17:42

Americans steal a whole burger from Germany, add in a thin slice of synthetic cheese, and it suddenly becomes a United Statian classic food.
Same with cookies. They steal the whole recipe from Arabs, add in a few choc chips, and cookies are now American! {:soso_e129:}

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2013-1-18 21:46:16 |Display all floors
seneca Post time: 2013-1-18 15:26
It was a joke.

Well, I get it now.

Use magic tools Report

You can't reply post until you log in Log in | register

BACK TO THE TOP
Contact us:Tel: (86)010-84883548, Email: blog@chinadaily.com.cn
Blog announcement:| We reserve the right, and you authorize us, to use content, including words, photos and videos, which you provide to our blog
platform, for non-profit purposes on China Daily media, comprising newspaper, website, iPad and other social media accounts.