Author: sunnylin01

Will you drink tap water?   [Copy link] 中文

Post time 2013-1-11 06:03:19 |Display all floors
youknowhat Post time: 2013-1-9 15:50
i have brushed my teeth with the runnin tap water in most big cities in china, and didnt see any d ...

Not just state to state, but even between cities in some states. Where I live in South Carolina it is very easy to tell the difference between the water from the city of Greenville and the water from the city of Spartanburg, yet they are only a 30-minute drive apart.

I brush my teeth with the tap water in the big cities in China, too, but I certainly won't drink it.

Use magic tools Report

August's Best Contributor 2012

Post time 2013-1-11 10:24:35 |Display all floors
Ratfink Post time: 2013-1-9 07:00
Never had a problem with the drinking the water in major Chinese cities. It's a bit dubious in the c ...

I heard in most western countries, the tap water can be drinkable directly. But in China, it is undrinkable before it is boiled. Why is it different? Is it because of contamination?

Use magic tools Report

Glod Medal 2015 Most Popular Member Medal of honor June's Best Writer 2012 2016 Most Popular Member

Post time 2013-1-11 16:23:54 |Display all floors
This post was edited by Ratfink at 2013-1-11 16:26
sunnylin01 Post time: 2013-1-11 10:24
I heard in most western countries, the tap water can be drinkable directly. But in China, it is un ...

Yes it's mostly due to contamination both natural and man made. The west spent billions collectively to clean up their water supplies and to maintain high quality that is now enjoyed by most western countries.
Per Ardua Ad Astra

Use magic tools Report

August's Best Contributor 2012

Post time 2013-1-11 17:00:51 |Display all floors
Ratfink Post time: 2013-1-11 16:23
Yes it's mostly due to contamination both natural and man made. The west spent billions collectivel ...

With the government officials guaranteed with high quality water, we the common people have to endure the harsh and contaminated water. The society is unfair.

Use magic tools Report

Glod Medal 2015 Most Popular Member Medal of honor June's Best Writer 2012 2016 Most Popular Member

Post time 2013-1-11 17:19:08 |Display all floors
sunnylin01 Post time: 2013-1-11 17:00
With the government officials guaranteed with high quality water, we the common people have to end ...

I cannot comment on that as I am unaware that there is any difference in water supplies for the top people vs normal people as that would be almost impossible to achieve via tap water unless extra filtration is employed at the house and office of said official.
Per Ardua Ad Astra

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2013-1-11 20:51:13 |Display all floors
querist Post time: 2013-1-10 14:03
Not just state to state, but even between cities in some states. Where I live in South Carolina it ...

Great (with a capital G)! 'cause some folks here think i'm bluffin here  
a man who uses his hands is a laborer. one who uses his hands and his mind is a craftsman. but he who uses his hands, his mind, and his heart, is an artist...

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2013-1-11 20:54:07 |Display all floors
querist Post time: 2013-1-10 14:03
Not just state to state, but even between cities in some states. Where I live in South Carolina it ...

once you settle down just feel right at home (like the locals) and these days i'm in messico just dont have to worry anythin (nada i sez amigo) dont have to pack up my pepto pisto if you knowhat i mean you jellybean  
a man who uses his hands is a laborer. one who uses his hands and his mind is a craftsman. but he who uses his hands, his mind, and his heart, is an artist...

Use magic tools Report

You can't reply post until you log in Log in | register

BACK TO THE TOP
Contact us:Tel: (86)010-84883548, Email: blog@chinadaily.com.cn
Blog announcement:| We reserve the right, and you authorize us, to use content, including words, photos and videos, which you provide to our blog
platform, for non-profit purposes on China Daily media, comprising newspaper, website, iPad and other social media accounts.