Views: 22103|Replies: 68

Will you drink tap water?   [Copy link] 中文

August's Best Contributor 2012

Post time 2013-1-7 10:51:15 |Display all floors
A couple who studies the quality of the drinking water confessed they have stopped drinking tap water for almost 20 years, for their study offers a depressing picture of Beijing's drinking water.

The husband and his wife Zhao Feihong are both experts in the field of potable water.
1.jpg

“We are probably the family who is best at drinking water healthily.” Zhao told the media. “But we have formed the habit of not drinking water from the tap, for the quality of that water is not as good as five or six years ago.”

It is reported that the index of nitrate has approached the national standard of nitrate content, which is 10mg/L. Though it does not surpass the standard line, such high nitrate level can do great harm to human health, in that nitrate contained in the tap water mainly comes from garbage, filtrate liquor and excrement, which all reserve large number of bacteria.

Is Beijing water safe to drink? Should we drink bottled water or tap water? Food is polluted, air is polluted, and even the drinking water is contaminated. How could we survive in the country?

Single choice vote, There are a total of 12 people participating in the poll
16.67% (2)
66.67% (8)
16.67% (2)
Your current user group has no poll permission

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2013-1-7 11:27:32 |Display all floors
I will
Happy birthday to myself

Use magic tools Report

2016 Most Popular Member 2015 Most Popular Member 2014 Most Popular Member

Post time 2013-1-8 10:10:18 |Display all floors
I have drank tap water in China, I will say never again.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2013-1-8 10:12:57 |Display all floors
The bottled water industry in China is the largest in the world.  What does that tell you?

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2013-1-8 11:44:17 |Display all floors
i think i have to drink at that moment.

Use magic tools Report

August's Best Writer 2012

Post time 2013-1-8 12:08:03 |Display all floors
I will in the UK  most certainly drink on adverage 6-8 glasses in the mornings, however in China I have no desire to sample tap water even with the water purifier fitted, and I have been living here 7 years. Saying that who know what the contents of the bottles is {:soso_e101:}. I even dislike showering, the water is harsh, hard and full of limescale not good for the skin or hair, however it is a daily 'must do event'.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2013-1-8 15:46:28 |Display all floors
I drank from the tap just now. dont live in china though.

Use magic tools Report

You can't reply post until you log in Log in | register

BACK TO THE TOP
Contact us:Tel: (86)010-84883548, Email: blog@chinadaily.com.cn
Blog announcement:| We reserve the right, and you authorize us, to use content, including words, photos and videos, which you provide to our blog
platform, for non-profit purposes on China Daily media, comprising newspaper, website, iPad and other social media accounts.