Author: dusty1

Why are Chinese medical degrees not accepted in the west?   [Copy link] 中文

Post time 2012-12-30 23:02:26 |Display all floors
Reminder: Author is prohibited or removed, and content is automatically blocked

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2012-12-30 23:06:13 |Display all floors
This post was edited by Bandito at 2012-12-30 23:07

It is simple really. lack of familiarity with western medical equipments. lack of rigorous training (perhaps) and lack of trust in the certificate presented are crucial factors!

It is well known that some Chinese university applicants use forged documents to gain admission at western universities.
No, I live above Sunset Plaza, it's a little house I rent and it's a little rundown but has a beautiful view, what about you?

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2012-12-30 23:06:29 |Display all floors
Writer's real name is Lau Guan Kim.  lau_guan_kim is for commentary and analysis. He writes also under another alter ego jinseng. I will respond to good reasoned debate. Mudslingers shall be ignored. What I do not like are ignorance, stupidity, chauvinism and bigotry. The other party has as much right as I have until it resorts to insults and nuisance.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2012-12-30 23:08:18 |Display all floors
Writer's real name is Lau Guan Kim.  lau_guan_kim is for commentary and analysis. He writes also under another alter ego jinseng. I will respond to good reasoned debate. Mudslingers shall be ignored. What I do not like are ignorance, stupidity, chauvinism and bigotry. The other party has as much right as I have until it resorts to insults and nuisance.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2012-12-30 23:15:19 |Display all floors

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2012-12-30 23:16:01 |Display all floors

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2012-12-30 23:16:25 |Display all floors
exportedkiwi Post time: 2012-12-30 22:58
Of course they can be themselves and live their lives as they wish, within local societal norms an ...

In the first two examples you mentioned the immigrants of a certain Asian nation (in Australia that would be the Indians, they are a menace lol) were actually breaking laws, namely littering and noise disturbances. Where you break laws you are going to get an a$$ whoppan, especially in the anglophone countries with our almost fascist level of enforcement.

The other thing I find interesting is your association of nationhood with race or ethnicity. Again, I don't know about New Zealand but I don't believe that Australia can be defined in racial or ethnic terms and nor should it be. It is a multicultural country, despite the best efforts of the rulers to keep it purely white. If we tried to make a statement that Australia's culture is X culture (i.e anglo-british) then that would be denying the other large percentage of the country's population made up of off non anglos.

If we tried to say other ethnicities are undesirable and complain about things like an "Asian invasion" (I sh!t you not, this was a real campaign slogan by Australian racists) our indigenous population would be able to say the exact same thing about whites.

Regardless of colour, culture or creed, you can be Australian as long as you are a citizen. There is no common culture you must adhere to and the term assimilation is often used in Australia to refer to the attempts by whites to force the aboriginals to act the same as us (which also involved abducting their children to "civilise"). We get a BS phrase from the government about "Australian Values" which boils down to follow the law and support capitalism but that is pretty much it.

Mostly in Australia the problems are less of the kind you described in NZ. Our problems are usually close minded white Australians being offended by the fact that other people live their lives differently. We aren't even talking about people from other cultures being rude or disruptive. Stupid things like: "Mate! I heard some @#$% Asian on the bus gabbin away in @#$% chingger speak! Why don't they learn English!" or stuff like "Too many bloody Asians on the street, where are all the white people?!"

It was so shocking to come back to Australia after living in China for years to see the abject ignorance, jingo and petty small mindedness of my own people and how wide spread it was. It made me pretty eager to go back to China despite their own special naive form of racism.

I'm glad to hear though this is less of a problem in NZ!

Use magic tools Report

You can't reply post until you log in Log in | register

BACK TO THE TOP
Contact us:Tel: (86)010-84883548, Email: blog@chinadaily.com.cn
Blog announcement:| We reserve the right, and you authorize us, to use content, including words, photos and videos, which you provide to our blog
platform, for non-profit purposes on China Daily media, comprising newspaper, website, iPad and other social media accounts.