Author: dusty1

Why are Chinese medical degrees not accepted in the west?   [Copy link] 中文

Post time 2012-12-30 22:42:57 |Display all floors
HardTruth Post time: 2012-12-30 21:30
Good to hear exported. It really should only be based on whether the medical professional applying ...

I suspect that there are certain racist policies in effect in NZ as well regarding immigration. being such a small nation, we cannot assimilate a lot of immigrants an yway and certainly, if we want to keep a reasonable balance of ethnicities whilst retaining our own identity, we cannot allow too many of any ethnic group in. This notwithstanding, there just aren't enough jobs for my own people, let alone any for immigrants whose English skills aren't up to par.
I won't go into the littering, cultural and driving aspects but I know that these are also serious issues and cause a lot of problems in NZ. All I can say is that if you come to my country, fit in or don't bother emigrating in the first place because complaining makes you no friends and you only have yourself to blame if life isn't what you thought it'd be!

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2012-12-30 22:51:33 |Display all floors
exportedkiwi Post time: 2012-12-30 22:42
I suspect that there are certain racist policies in effect in NZ as well regarding immigration. be ...

Fair enough bro that seems like a sensible policy to me and its something I can respect. My view on immigrants and assimilation is a bit different though.

The way I see it is you shouldn't have to change yourself or your lifestyle when you move to another country as long as you follow the law. For example, if I come to China I don't think that I should have to live my life like Chinese people or copy how they live as long as I obey Chinese law. I can eat the foods I want no matter how much locals may claim its bad for my health (with their ridiculous pseudo-science), dress the way I like, speak the way I like etc. At the same time though, the locals don't have to change their habits to accommodate me either. They don't have to use English or stop doing things I find annoying.

I accept the reverse of this too. If people come to Australia then they should be allowed to continue living life as they did in "whereeverstan" so long as it doesn't break the law. At the same time, I don't need to make any efforts to change Australia to make it easier for them to fit in.

Of course its nice if both sides can make compromises to live together more easily but I don't think anyone is obliged to or should be forced to. I don't think Chinese people in Australia should start talking like they are retarded just because locals do

Anyway its just what I think

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2012-12-30 22:54:58 |Display all floors
Reminder: Author is prohibited or removed, and content is automatically blocked

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2012-12-30 22:57:43 |Display all floors

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2012-12-30 22:58:47 |Display all floors
HardTruth Post time: 2012-12-30 21:51
Fair enough bro that seems like a sensible policy to me and its something I can respect. My view o ...

Of course they can be themselves and live their lives as they wish, within local societal norms and the law.
A certain Asian nations' tourists to my country throw trash around everywhere which hardly endears them to my people, given that we're proud of our clean green image and we work hard at it. If these folks wish to do this in their own home, that's their choice, but not in public and certainly not in our country.
Another issue is domestic noise. We're very quiet at home. We're taught to consider our neighbour but, a certain Asian nations' immigrants are dreadfully noisy and it get's on locals nerves to the point where police are called and then we're branded as racist. Nope, we're not. It's our country and we like it clean and quiet.

There are other issues which affect assimilation and contribute to the underlying ethnic pot bubbling away waiting to explode....but it shouldn't becaise none of those ethnicities belong there anyway. We can say no to them coming in, as can any nation. It's an indication of our willingness to, at least try, that we allow them in, despite these problems....so we can keep on trying.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2012-12-30 22:59:26 |Display all floors
Writer's real name is Lau Guan Kim.  lau_guan_kim is for commentary and analysis. He writes also under another alter ego jinseng. I will respond to good reasoned debate. Mudslingers shall be ignored. What I do not like are ignorance, stupidity, chauvinism and bigotry. The other party has as much right as I have until it resorts to insults and nuisance.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2012-12-30 23:01:06 |Display all floors
Writer's real name is Lau Guan Kim.  lau_guan_kim is for commentary and analysis. He writes also under another alter ego jinseng. I will respond to good reasoned debate. Mudslingers shall be ignored. What I do not like are ignorance, stupidity, chauvinism and bigotry. The other party has as much right as I have until it resorts to insults and nuisance.

Use magic tools Report

You can't reply post until you log in Log in | register

BACK TO THE TOP
Contact us:Tel: (86)010-84883548, Email: blog@chinadaily.com.cn
Blog announcement:| We reserve the right, and you authorize us, to use content, including words, photos and videos, which you provide to our blog
platform, for non-profit purposes on China Daily media, comprising newspaper, website, iPad and other social media accounts.