Views: 15926|Replies: 68

Two incompatible systems.   [Copy link] 中文

Post time 2012-12-21 12:57:38 |Display all floors
Two systems.

The China system that sweeps every thing under the carpet. The father knows best one party system of China.

The American system that creates crisis like fiscal cliff and debt ceiling where no crisis exists.

Which system you rather live, invest in?

China system where Saltyballs tell you every thing is honky tong A ok

Or American system where if you are not careful, talking heads on TV and partisan politics will scare the hell out of you.?

I've made my living, Mr. Thompson, in large part as a gambler. Some days I make twenty bets, some days I make none. There are weeks, sometimes months, in fact, when I don't make any bet at all because ...

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2012-12-21 14:31:23 |Display all floors
Maybe its better living in countries like China, or even better North Korea, where all you hear is the good stuff. After all, ignorance is bliss.
I may disagree with what you say, but I'll defend to the death your right to say it - Voltaire

The secret of freedom lies in educating people, whereas the secret of tyranny is in keeping them
ignora

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2012-12-21 22:03:49 |Display all floors
So, this thread boils down to this...

Which system you rather live, invest in?

A place worth investing in isn't necesairily the place worth living in.

If i had to invest in one place and never pull out of that investment then the safe bet is the U.S., China is not stable enough and its supposedly bright future isn't guaranteed because A LOT of things can go wrong. That said, maybe at the momment it's a better idea investing in Chinabut if there's not enough reform the risk is too high for the future in comparison to the U.S..

Live in huh? (...) I speak English, i don't speak Chinese. I enjoy both cultures but i kinda hate the pop side of U.S. culture and the western cultures have many similarities so moving to the U.S. wouldn't be as exciting as moving in China. Then again in China there's a lot of uncertainties, there's not enough stability and certain things are worst than they are in the U.S. like: Education and Health care though maybe in the not so distant future both of those will change. Difficult choice, if the choice was Japan or the U.S. i'd say "Japan" in an instant but this one is difficult.

OR maybe should we take the question to mean: "Would you rather be born an American or a Chinese?" I'd probably choose American. There's currently too much chance to be born in a "third-world quality of life"-like family in China, much more than being born in a poor family in the U.S.!

OR  if the question is interpreted like: "Which system is best?" it's not an easy thing to answer because we have two fake systems, we have two oligarchic systems - one is dressed up as communist and the other is dressed up as democratic. The "communist" one promises to be more like the democratic one but "with chinese characteristics" and the "democratic" is allready supposedly democratic so we can't expect much change unless there's a reason for the people to revolt and demand change.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2012-12-25 13:29:32 |Display all floors
This post was edited by ztoa789 at 2012-12-25 13:30
The China system that sweeps every thing under the carpet. The father knows best one party system of China.

The American system that creates crisis like fiscal cliff and debt ceiling where no crisis exists.

Your post is very ignorant because you don't know what is swept under carpet in western democracy.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2012-12-25 13:39:18 |Display all floors
ztoa789 Post time: 2012-12-25 13:29
Your post is very ignorant because you don't know what is swept under carpet in western democracy. ...

Do you deny the American system where if you are not careful, talking heads on TV and partisan politics will scare the hell out of you.?

That is excessive information, not lack of information...........

Lack of information, China

Vs

Excessive information, America

Two systems.
I've made my living, Mr. Thompson, in large part as a gambler. Some days I make twenty bets, some days I make none. There are weeks, sometimes months, in fact, when I don't make any bet at all because ...

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2012-12-25 13:40:42 |Display all floors
This post was edited by ztoa789 at 2012-12-25 13:43
Revolutionar Post time: 2012-12-25 13:39
Do you deny the American system where if you are not careful, talking heads on TV and partisan politics will scare the hell out of you.?

Huh?

Westerners don't know what they don't know.

Chinese people know what they don't know.

In 1950s and 60s, CPC didn't lie about what happened during great depression in 1930s, it is that Chinese people didn't know what they didn't know.

Now it is west turn.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2012-12-25 13:43:18 |Display all floors
Eudaimonia Post time: 2012-12-21 22:03
So, this thread boils down to this...

A place and time worth investing in is by definition the preferred place and time  to live in..........

Use magic tools Report

You can't reply post until you log in Log in | register

BACK TO THE TOP
Contact us:Tel: (86)010-84883548, Email: blog@chinadaily.com.cn
Blog announcement:| We reserve the right, and you authorize us, to use content, including words, photos and videos, which you provide to our blog
platform, for non-profit purposes on China Daily media, comprising newspaper, website, iPad and other social media accounts.