Author: voice_cd

Translation Contest Series NO 2   [Copy link] 中文

Medal Medal of honor Gold Medal July's Best Writer 2012 October's Best Writer 2012

Post time 2012-12-23 20:59:28 |Display all floors
This post was edited by expatter at 2012-12-23 21:00

fabulous_carr:

Zuo Shuhan is seven years old this year, except her bald head and pale face, she is no difference with other normal gilrs who love danceing, singing, playing arond and having their own dreams. However, she is suffering from neuroblastoma and still needs radiotherapy.

Zuo Shuhan lives in a small house which is less than 5 square meters with her parents. She loves Snow White the most, and always imagines herself wearing a princess derss and a tiara. She wishes badly that her illness could be cured, then she can go back to her hometown and wear a pricess dress.

Zuo Xiaolong and Jiang Xue are her parents, and this coulpe have made a great decision, which is to cure little shuhan's illness no matter what.  Therefore, they take shuhan to Beijng and seek for good treatments, leaving their younger daughter at home in Shanxi, taken care by their aged parents.

The lively and cherrful shuhan loves dancing very much. When in hospital, she always bounces up and down on the bed and gives her performance to other patients who share the same room with her. Different from other kids who are always terrified to to go see the doctor, shuhan is always happy every time she goes to see the doctor. " This can make my illness be cured sonner, then I can go back home, go to kindergarden, and sing, dance and play with my younger sister."

Zuo Shuhan stands in fornt of the door of her small house. She and her parents live in a house which is less than 5 square meters. This is a cottage area, and people who live here are all immigrant workers.

Zuo Shuhan is photographing for her parents. Shuhan's father is only 36 years old, but he already has grey hairs on his temples. The light green T-shirt of her mother is given by their neighbours. In order to cure their daughter's illness, this couple haven't bought any new clothes for two years.

I like this translation and is has some nice expressions and clauses and is therefore more sophisticated than some of the others here. But it is redolent with numerous and silly spelling mistakes which spoil it.

Please try this competition again another week and I look forward to you being in the top three positions ………..

What the world needs is more geniuses with humility, there are so few of us left  -   Oscar Levant

Use magic tools Report

Medal Medal of honor Gold Medal July's Best Writer 2012 October's Best Writer 2012

Post time 2012-12-23 21:01:44 |Display all floors
For clarity I have:

1) DSseeing

2) rainy_weather

3) Lizachen

Well done  ........   !     {:soso_e177:}     

What the world needs is more geniuses with humility, there are so few of us left  -   Oscar Levant

Use magic tools Report

August's Best Contributor 2012 July's Best Contributor 2012

Post time 2012-12-23 22:42:48 |Display all floors
expatter Post time: 2012-12-23 20:51
OK  …………   !

Thank you to DSseeing, waiboshu and sinoecocleaner for their kind comments for my  ...

, Wow, Great job, expatter, I really appeciate the corrections on my translation.
Looking forward to the next round.

Happy holidays to you
Life is what you make of it

Use magic tools Report

August's Best Contributor 2012 July's Best Contributor 2012

Post time 2012-12-23 22:46:05 |Display all floors
LoneAcorn Post time: 2012-12-22 11:33
DSeeing:

The script is taken from "Seriously ill children and their sweet little dreams "Zuo Shu ...

The correction marks you made are so well-organized.
Thank you for the comments.

Happy holidays
Life is what you make of it

Use magic tools Report

Medal of honor September's Best Writer 2012

Post time 2012-12-24 08:02:39 |Display all floors
rainyweather Post time: 2012-12-22 16:51
thank you so much.

You're welcome

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2012-12-24 08:03:23 |Display all floors
Ratfink Post time: 2012-12-23 09:06
Again a good standard overall was presented in this the second translation contest. Lonearcorn has b ...

Thank you Ratfink for your kind comments

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2012-12-24 08:03:48 |Display all floors
voice_cd Post time: 2012-12-23 09:14
Thanks for such detailed and excellent comments to each entry of our participants, Acorn! We reall ...

I really appreciate your kind comment. Thanks!

Use magic tools Report

You can't reply post until you log in Log in | register

BACK TO THE TOP
Contact us:Tel: (86)010-84883548, Email: blog@chinadaily.com.cn
Blog announcement:| We reserve the right, and you authorize us, to use content, including words, photos and videos, which you provide to our blog
platform, for non-profit purposes on China Daily media, comprising newspaper, website, iPad and other social media accounts.