Views: 3373|Replies: 6

what should I do?? [Copy link] 中文

Post time 2012-12-11 07:22:49 |Display all floors
Today,I was informed of being attend his wedding ceremony in a few days.Yeah,he is one of my close friend may I can not search for any reasons to refuse his invitation in the light of our relation.However,he told me that the date for his wedding ceremony has been fixed by his parents.they are going to hold the ceremony on the morning of January 3.but the time of Postgraduate Entrance Exam is  start January 5..Moreover,there have a long distance between their home and my school,It cost approximately more than seven hours if I depart from my school to his home by train...Currently,I am at all sea.One one hand,he is my close friend and strictly speaking,wedding ceremony is a highly special banquet for every individuals and I also comprehend his motives,what he wanna is that all of his sincere friends would show up on that extraordinary moment and could give their heartful wishes to the two.On the other hand,this vital exam I have prepared for it more than half year is approaching and at present I am in fine fettle,I hope this kind of good condition would last until the end of exam.I can not ensure my attentions would not be distracted If I spend two days in attending his ceremony....As a result,I am confused by the matter.is there any reliable suggestions for me to cope with the matter? I also consider to give him a red envelope as my gift..However,I am in a dilemma toward the number of money I am about to put in the red envelope..yeah,when I mentioned the amount of money and one of my friend told me the number she ever gave when she attend her friend`s banquet is 500RMB.To tell the truth,which has really made me a little surprised,Firstly,what we expended in our daily life derives from our parents rather than being earned by ourselves.Yeah,If I have worked and I can obtain salary,may I also would have given 500RMB without any hesitation.Nevertheless,we are not....But,how many I should give?

Use magic tools Report

2016 Most Popular Member 2015 Most Popular Member 2014 Most Popular Member

Post time 2012-12-11 07:58:10 |Display all floors
Your future comes before a wedding. I believe this post is not real. Nobody could be this stupid.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2012-12-11 17:34:31 |Display all floors
If you are a real friend, surely you should make your way to attend the wedding. Maybe you could work harder now to make sure you do better in the exam.

As for the red envelope, since you are still a student, 200 yuan might be rational.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2012-12-20 20:30:00 |Display all floors
{:soso_e113:} better tell the truth to your friend and send a big envelope instead.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2012-12-20 22:25:46 |Display all floors
waiboshu Post time: 2012-12-11 17:34
If you are a real friend, surely you should make your way to attend the wedding. Maybe you could wor ...

Thanks for your rational proposal...

Use magic tools Report

Medal Medal of honor Gold Medal July's Best Writer 2012 October's Best Writer 2012

Post time 2012-12-21 15:19:36 |Display all floors
Well first you grow a pair, and stop being so typically Chinese where a problem is an opportunity to run and hide  ..........    !!!

Think of this idea: "I don't get ulcers. I give them .......   !'

First you must analyze the problem as if it were someone else's and view at as a third party ........

What is the problem and who caused it and what are the expectations  .......  ?

1)  You are expected (through feelings of guilt) to attend a function which you had no part in planning and risk your education, paid for not by you or your friend, but by your parents. To whom do you owe the loyalty here?

2)  You are expected to stump up money you do not have to someone who already knows your financial status and the fact that you do not work!

3)  Your good friend will not Iike you if you do not dance to a tune set by him!

In reality this is not YOUR problem it is your friend's problem, but like a wimp you want to be the guilty party.  You must test this friendship and see whether it is real or just a convenience. Good friends are always that whilst acquaintances are fickle.

Solution: Put the problem back to where it came from and see where that goes first.

Ring your good friend and congratulate him on the coming event and talk about his beautiful bride and how lucky he is. Next do some small talk about the good times and funny things you remember about your friendship. Now hand back the problem and ask him what he would do.  In addition address the problem head-on about the money.  A good friend will solve these two for you.

If it goes badly you have lost nothing.

If it goes well and you are excused from the wedding, try and make a point of popping into the wedding for just two or three hours to show your friend that you really care and then go home and kick the arse out of that exam.

What the world needs is more geniuses with humility, there are so few of us left  -   Oscar Levant

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2013-1-27 05:43:47 |Display all floors
If you can physically make it back in time for your exam, you should go to the wedding.

If you have prepared as much as you say, then you will pass the exam anyway. Also, there's plenty of time for more study on the train rides. ;)

Use magic tools Report

You can't reply post until you log in Log in | register

BACK TO THE TOP
Contact us:Tel: (86)010-84883548, Email: blog@chinadaily.com.cn
Blog announcement:| We reserve the right, and you authorize us, to use content, including words, photos and videos, which you provide to our blog
platform, for non-profit purposes on China Daily media, comprising newspaper, website, iPad and other social media accounts.