Views: 16904|Replies: 20

Chinese kids are smareter, while western kids are more creative?   [Copy link] 中文

Post time 2012-12-3 16:49:25 |Display all floors
It seems like common sense around the world. Do you guys also have the same idea?

I am just curious what makes western kids more creative, what happened to Chinese kids, just because they learn harder?

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2012-12-4 15:50:39 |Display all floors
generally speaking, it's true. thus the both sides, west or east students should adjust their focal point more or less. Chinese students should take more time out of books while their western cournterparts should pay more attention to their curriculum.

Use magic tools Report

Medal of honor

Post time 2012-12-4 17:07:54 |Display all floors
I'm not sure that I completely agree with the statement that Westerners are more creative, but I have heard that it has a little to do with the first language learned. Chinese is a very difficult language to learn with many characters, requiring a lot of memorization. English is much simpler by comparison. If you are a child learning either language, the simpler one could allow you more flexibility in your early learning. That could explain some of what you are talking about.

Use magic tools Report

2016 Most Popular Member 2015 Most Popular Member 2014 Most Popular Member

Post time 2012-12-4 17:30:47 |Display all floors
The Chinese education system is very regimented. passing exam after exam once you fail a critical exam that is the end of your education Western education system allows the child to explore. as many directions they choose to travel.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2012-12-4 18:47:13 |Display all floors
Reminder: Author is prohibited or removed, and content is automatically blocked

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2012-12-9 07:43:14 |Display all floors
raton Post time: 2012-12-4 20:47
With all the western creativity and education system, in the past 15 years, China has moved from 14t ...

Interesting Raton,

I have a question though,

Were the research articles of purely Chinese origin and thought, or were they wonderful elaborations of an investigation begun or proposed elsewhere?

E.g. Someone somewhere proposed an idea, Chinese researcers studied it and found answers.

Idea = creativity, Answers = ability.

I think I saw a relative post in here somewhere, I'll try and find it and have a read.

The day I stop learning will be the day I die. Maybe.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2012-12-9 09:44:51 |Display all floors
At university level, we don't really see a huge difference. Chinese students do not seem less creative than other Asian or European students. To be honest, they do not seem harder working or get better results either. It really seems to depend on the individual. Most Chinese students want to study hard, but do not actually study much and all the other nationalities are the same.

The different educational backgrounds of international students here does not seem to give any advantage or disadvantage when it comes to results.

Use magic tools Report

You can't reply post until you log in Log in | register

BACK TO THE TOP
Contact us:Tel: (86)010-84883548, Email: blog@chinadaily.com.cn
Blog announcement:| We reserve the right, and you authorize us, to use content, including words, photos and videos, which you provide to our blog
platform, for non-profit purposes on China Daily media, comprising newspaper, website, iPad and other social media accounts.