Author: sansukong

A Year in Jail for Not Believing in God? ......   [Copy link] 中文

Post time 2012-11-28 09:31:45 |Display all floors

RE: A Year in Jail for Not Believing in God? ......

This post was edited by sansukong at 2012-11-28 11:29
TheHermit Post time: 2012-11-28 07:13
That humanity is a very sorry lot, is blatantly obvious. What can be done to improve it.... is anot ...
I dare you, to argue that the drift away from God in the western world, has brought any great benefits.

Was/Is the western world any better then/now when it was/is "nearer" to god?

One of the great tragedies of mankind is that morality has been hijacked by religion.

Arthur C. Clarke

Turn to Iraq, Afghanistan, Libya, and Pakistan ..... and you get your answers there.
Men never commit evil so fully and joyfully as when they do it for religious convictions.

Blaise Pascal

Breaking The Silence: Truth and Lies in the War on Terror (2003)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_detailpage&v=HFEWrR7RrSo

FIRST NATIONS ( LAKOTA PEOPLE ) Heartbreaking - (Google Search for video) "to stay true to who you are. Never allow anyone make you different or think different about what it is you are created to be ...

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2012-11-29 00:07:31 |Display all floors
sansukong Post time: 2012-11-28 09:31
Was/Is the western world any better then/now when it was/is "nearer" to god?

Int the 50s and 60s, America and Europe were more religious minded than they are now, and they were  better places to live.

Turn to Iraq, Afghanistan, Libya, and Pakistan ..... and you get your answers there.

As a Christian, it is inappropriate for me to comment on the lesser Abrahamic religions, like Islam and Judaism. Christianity is about peace, harmony, and love (agape)... the other two religions consist mainly of a series of rituals and observances, which if performed correctly grant you favour with God.
The world needs more idiots like me, all the others think they are clever.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2012-11-29 08:31:25 |Display all floors

TheHermit Post time: 2012-11-28 23:07
Int the 50s and 60s, America and Europe were more religious minded than they are now, and they wer ...
As a Christian, it is inappropriate for me to comment on the lesser Abrahamic religions, like Islam and Judaism.

So you think your religion is more superior than others? What makes you to think: I am holier than thou, just being a christian?

What freedom from religion does mean, however, is the freedom from the rules and dogmas of other people’s religious beliefs so that we can be free to follow the demands of our own conscience, whether they take a religious form or not. Thus, we have both freedom of religion and freedom from religion because they are two sides of the same coin
A belief which leaves no place for doubt is not a belief; it is a superstition.

José Bergamín

FIRST NATIONS ( LAKOTA PEOPLE ) Heartbreaking - (Google Search for video) "to stay true to who you are. Never allow anyone make you different or think different about what it is you are created to be ...

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2012-11-29 08:46:54 |Display all floors

TheHermit Post time: 2012-11-28 23:07
Int the 50s and 60s, America and Europe were more religious minded than they are now, and they wer ...
Christianity is about peace, harmony, and love (agape)...

You really mean that ??? !!!

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2012-11-29 08:58:50 |Display all floors
sansukong Post time: 2012-11-29 08:31
So you think your religion is more superior than others? What makes you to think: I am holier tha ...

As a Christian, one is has to claim that distinction.

Judaism is the sworn enemy of Christianity, and Islam is a cosmopolitan, more tolerant version of  Old Testament Judaism with some Christian principles.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2012-11-29 09:07:26 |Display all floors
sansukong Post time: 2012-11-29 08:46
You really mean that ??? !!!

I most certainly do.... and I am extremely angered and saddened, by what presents itself as Christianity in the world today.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2012-11-29 10:01:28 |Display all floors

TheHermit Post time: 2012-11-29 08:07
I most certainly do.... and I am extremely angered and saddened, by what presents itself as Christ ...
and I am extremely angered and saddened, by what presents itself as Christianity in the world today.

Indeed, it is ........

"A casual stroll through the lunatic asylum shows that faith does not prove anything."

--Friedrich Nietzsche

Use magic tools Report

You can't reply post until you log in Log in | register

BACK TO THE TOP
Contact us:Tel: (86)010-84883548, Email: blog@chinadaily.com.cn
Blog announcement:| We reserve the right, and you authorize us, to use content, including words, photos and videos, which you provide to our blog
platform, for non-profit purposes on China Daily media, comprising newspaper, website, iPad and other social media accounts.