Author: sansukong

A Year in Jail for Not Believing in God? ......   [Copy link] 中文

Post time 2012-11-27 20:23:22 |Display all floors
sansukong Post time: 2012-11-27 08:42
One does not tell "religious lies" to comfort the millions of the poor and downtrodden .....

Educate the people and let them make their own choices.... who are you or I to decide for everybody else?

Evidently some people need religion more than others, and I include atheists in this. Else why all the fuss?

If a religious person forgoes earthly pleasures for reward in heaven, then he is unlikely to regret it if there is none after he dies. So what is the incentive driving the atheist zealots?
The world needs more idiots like me, all the others think they are clever.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2012-11-27 21:13:39 |Display all floors
There are always "extremes" in any field of live. That does not mean that such extreme cases are representative for Christian dominated countries.

The case I am posting here now, is in no way representative for the majority of Muslims, but I like to strike a balance to the topic poster who has an agenda against Christians as such.
It is indeed very practical that the party is  judge, legislator, head of the army, executor  and  publisher  all in one in China.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2012-11-27 21:18:18 |Display all floors
Christian pastor sentenced to death in Iran for refusing to renounce his faith could be hanged 'at any time without warning'

A Christian pastor who converted from Islam is to be put to death for leaving Islam following the ruling of an Iranian court, it was reported today.

Youcef Nadarkhani, 34, was arrested more than two years ago on charges of apostasy, and has now been sentenced to death by an Iranian court for refusing to renounce his Christianity, according to the pastor's legal team.

The father-of-two had defied a request by the Gilan provincial court, in Rasht, Iran, to repent, and now faces death by hanging.
It is indeed very practical that the party is  judge, legislator, head of the army, executor  and  publisher  all in one in China.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2012-11-28 04:09:56 |Display all floors

RE: A Year in Jail for Not Believing in God? ......

TheHermit Post time: 2012-11-27 19:23
Educate the people and let them make their own choices.... who are you or I to decide for everybod ...
If a religious person forgoes earthly pleasures for reward in heaven, then he is unlikely to regret it if there is none after he dies. So what is the incentive driving the atheist zealots?

You may find the answer as shown below .............
If people are good only because they fear punishment, and hope for reward, then we are a sorry lot indeed.

Albert Einstein

Having said that .............

Lighthouses are more helpful then churches.

Benjamin Franklin

FIRST NATIONS ( LAKOTA PEOPLE ) Heartbreaking - (Google Search for video) "to stay true to who you are. Never allow anyone make you different or think different about what it is you are created to be ...

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2012-11-28 04:46:35 |Display all floors
many americans still dunno 'til tis day that america is the land of god even the shape of the states have to do with god not just on the dollar bill in god we trust  
a man who uses his hands is a laborer. one who uses his hands and his mind is a craftsman. but he who uses his hands, his mind, and his heart, is an artist...

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2012-11-28 08:13:24 |Display all floors
This post was edited by TheHermit at 2012-11-28 08:13
sansukong Post time: 2012-11-28 04:09
You may find the answer as shown below .............

Having said that .............

That humanity is a very sorry lot, is blatantly obvious. What can be done to improve it.... is another matter.

I dare you, to argue that the drift away from God in the western world, has brought any great benefits.
The world needs more idiots like me, all the others think they are clever.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2012-11-28 08:38:24 |Display all floors
slimpanda Post time: 2012-11-27 16:25
can i date you?

Use magic tools Report

You can't reply post until you log in Log in | register

BACK TO THE TOP
Contact us:Tel: (86)010-84883548, Email: blog@chinadaily.com.cn
Blog announcement:| We reserve the right, and you authorize us, to use content, including words, photos and videos, which you provide to our blog
platform, for non-profit purposes on China Daily media, comprising newspaper, website, iPad and other social media accounts.