Author: jiayangguizi8

Are Chinese parents stupid and ignorant?   [Copy link] 中文

Post time 2012-11-21 10:37:26 |Display all floors
grb Post time: 2012-11-21 10:30
Only about 13,000 characters.  Do you think that is enough?

well...its going to be more i think...new words coming out each year...
back then where got words such as noob...
盡忠報國

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2012-11-21 11:03:08 |Display all floors
slimpanda Post time: 2012-11-21 10:37
well...its going to be more i think...new words coming out each year...
back then where got words  ...

That is the problem with using characters instead of a simple alphabet.  One reason why so many older Chinese are not able to read or write.  They can speak, but that is it.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2012-11-21 11:15:01 |Display all floors
but using symbols are better than alphabet...
because of its mathematically capabilities...each word for each meaning...no overlapping...no same words for different meaning...
English is limited...many expressions or watever...cannot put into words it seems...
盡忠報國

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2012-11-21 20:27:13 |Display all floors
This post was edited by Bandito at 2012-11-21 20:27
slimpanda Post time: 2012-11-21 09:59
well...its too bad~ just can't do anything about it~ yet~
when China become #1...and Chinese langu ...

Like Japan before it, most ambitious parents will have their kids study Chinese....that will be the extent of Chinese domination of the world, language wise. It will be limited in scope to...China fanboys/girls and misguided ambitious parents that have omitted the fact that the world has changed and little Tarquin speaking fluent Mandarin means oogatz.

Dreams are a good thing I suppose....something to get up in the morning for! Dream on my good man
No, I live above Sunset Plaza, it's a little house I rent and it's a little rundown but has a beautiful view, what about you?

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2012-11-22 07:03:41 |Display all floors
Bandito Post time: 2012-11-21 20:27
Like Japan before it, most ambitious parents will have their kids study Chinese....that will be th ...

but the reality is closing in~
so wake up...i might happen sooner or later~
盡忠報國

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2012-11-22 08:30:56 |Display all floors
slimpanda Post time: 2012-11-22 07:03
but the reality is closing in~
so wake up...i might happen sooner or later~

Really?? The memo missed me but not to sit on ceremony, if you are able to deliver Li Gong to my cama; I shall join the Chinese Lingo revolution in the morning
No, I live above Sunset Plaza, it's a little house I rent and it's a little rundown but has a beautiful view, what about you?

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2012-11-22 08:35:36 |Display all floors
Bandito Post time: 2012-11-22 08:30
Really?? The memo missed me but not to sit on ceremony, if you are able to deliver Li Gong to my c ...

theres a post by someone here...i cant find it...its still ongoing thread...check it out...
about Yuan currency~

you will join the Lingo soon~
盡忠報國

Use magic tools Report

You can't reply post until you log in Log in | register

BACK TO THE TOP
Contact us:Tel: (86)010-84883548, Email: blog@chinadaily.com.cn
Blog announcement:| We reserve the right, and you authorize us, to use content, including words, photos and videos, which you provide to our blog
platform, for non-profit purposes on China Daily media, comprising newspaper, website, iPad and other social media accounts.