Author: jiayangguizi8

Are Chinese parents stupid and ignorant?   [Copy link] 中文

Post time 2012-11-20 18:30:47 |Display all floors
This post was edited by Bandito at 2012-11-20 18:32
Laowai2? Post time: 2012-11-6 00:03
They are spending their money on the perception that white is better. They would not know if an En ...

English/American/Australian/New Zealand/South African born Chinese is the clue:) She was born in England, lives in England and is now in China trying to eke out a living teaching English! Simple logic dictates a person born in China and that grew up there will speak perfect Chinese provided they are educated, primary and tertiary.

Whether one might understand the accents of Kiwi/Australians teachers etc is another matter as one American expert in Korea has been busily telling the Koreans for years. His argument is simple, Indians for example, are as good as Australians and in both cases one might encounter accent issues. No one is fooled
No, I live above Sunset Plaza, it's a little house I rent and it's a little rundown but has a beautiful view, what about you?

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2012-11-20 20:28:33 |Display all floors
In fact it is not the matter of parents considing the face of a person when choosing a engish teacher.It is the traditional concept of china society.Whenever we do  something,for example,when we buy something,most of times the functions are not the most important,we just want to persuit the high price to satisfy our density.That is just with the case of parents seeking for white english teacher rather then black one.This is the concept that deep in their mind for many years.They want to one aspect that their children can receive english trainning of good quality,but the other aspect is that it also need to neet their mind.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2012-11-21 08:15:48 |Display all floors
I work in a preschool education institution now.Our  english teacher came from british and just graduate without education experience.But she has a good looking face and get high pay by week.She is our contract teacher already,but company pay her by week.how come?she never work on punctual  and off-duty with non-formal excuse.Such a forigner's face worth a special previlege.My question is :why foreigners work as what they think it should be?
I love China and hometown

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2012-11-21 09:59:04 |Display all floors
Bandito Post time: 2012-11-20 18:23
Good point but how can one justify taking a a white Englishman and refusing a Chinese Englishwoman ...

well...its too bad~ just can't do anything about it~ yet~
when China become #1...and Chinese language is the international language~ then the situation will be differ~
盡忠報國

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2012-11-21 10:02:40 |Display all floors
slimpanda Post time: 2012-11-21 09:59
well...its too bad~ just can't do anything about it~ yet~
when China become #1...and Chinese langu ...

That will never happen, the language part.  If the written language was improved then maybe.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2012-11-21 10:23:39 |Display all floors
grb Post time: 2012-11-21 10:02
That will never happen, the language part.  If the written language was improved then maybe.

i dont know whether it will happen or not...
but if China continues to grow and quality productions...where most countries rely on it~
then it might happen...because everything is in Chinese then~

about the written...its nothing wrong actually...nothing to improve...Chinese writings are symbols...what to improve? there are no ABC...
盡忠報國

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2012-11-21 10:30:25 |Display all floors
slimpanda Post time: 2012-11-21 10:23
i dont know whether it will happen or not...
but if China continues to grow and quality production ...

Only about 13,000 characters.  Do you think that is enough?  

Use magic tools Report

You can't reply post until you log in Log in | register

BACK TO THE TOP
Contact us:Tel: (86)010-84883548, Email: blog@chinadaily.com.cn
Blog announcement:| We reserve the right, and you authorize us, to use content, including words, photos and videos, which you provide to our blog
platform, for non-profit purposes on China Daily media, comprising newspaper, website, iPad and other social media accounts.