Views: 3846|Replies: 7

What's your plan on Double Ninth Holiday? [Copy link] 中文

August's Best Contributor 2012

Post time 2012-10-22 12:42:02 |Display all floors
Tomorrow is China's Double Ninth Festival or Chongyang Festival. Celebrated on the ninth day of September in Chinese lunar calendar, it is a traditional Chinese festival for us to pay respect to our parents, grandparents and other elderly members of family and accompany them to enjoy the quality time.

I'm not living with my parents. I call them a lot. On the special day, I just wish them happiness and longevity. I am truly grateful for my parents who always love and support me. They are the most important people in my life. They have taught me the most valuable lessons I could ever hope to learn, lessons I will cherish for the rest of my life. They have also had a great part in shaping me into the person I would become.  

What's your plan on Chongyang Festival? Would you express gratitude to your beloved parents? How would you spend the special day with your parents?

1.jpg

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2012-10-22 13:35:44 |Display all floors
i am working at shaoxing far from my hometown henan. I usually go back home once one year, to see my family and meet my old friends in henan. after a whole year woking outside, i really miss them so much. and i hope one day, i can bring my parents to my work place and live with me.

Use magic tools Report

August's Best Contributor 2012

Post time 2012-10-22 13:43:34 |Display all floors
This post was edited by sunnylin01 at 2012-10-22 13:43
bloom_lauro Post time: 2012-10-22 13:35
i am working at shaoxing far from my hometown henan. I usually go back home once one year, to see my ...

Work hard and I bet you can make it!

Use magic tools Report

2018 Most Popular Member 2015 Most Popular Member Medal of honor Medal of honor Medal of honor

Post time 2012-10-22 20:08:22 |Display all floors
seneca Post time: 2012-10-22 19:57
What's wrong with you?

You ask us a question about September, which you post on 22 October...

"Tomorrow is China's Double Ninth Festival or Chongyang Festival. Celebrated on the ninth day of September in Chinese lunar calendar

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2012-10-22 22:59:45 |Display all floors
i actually don't want to celebrate any of those festivals before i have a girl friend.
(this hidden signature can only be seen by myself)

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2012-10-23 13:53:44 |Display all floors
sometimes I feel it is a shame that I only know there is such a festive day without understanding the historical origin and meaning of it. If I was asked what the double ninth festival is.... I find it difficult to tell the foreign friends when they are interested in more details about it like the origin, the traditional celebration ways etc execpt that we eat Chongyang Cakes....{:soso_e154:}
When you know more, you know less. Happy-go-lucky ;)

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2012-10-23 14:01:01 |Display all floors
This post was edited by smile_elle at 2012-10-23 14:08
seneca Post time: 2012-10-22 20:18
Why the suck does that poster call this month "September"?

There is no "September" in the so-cal ...

There is no "September'' in Chinese Lunar Calender...but “九月" (if you can read Chinese)
In order to help you understand we write '' September''{:soso_e120:}
When you know more, you know less. Happy-go-lucky ;)

Use magic tools Report

You can't reply post until you log in Log in | register

BACK TO THE TOP
Contact us:Tel: (86)010-84883548, Email: blog@chinadaily.com.cn
Blog announcement:| We reserve the right, and you authorize us, to use content, including words, photos and videos, which you provide to our blog
platform, for non-profit purposes on China Daily media, comprising newspaper, website, iPad and other social media accounts.