Views: 30014|Replies: 53

What can I do in China if I want to give birth to more than two babies?   [Copy link] 中文

Post time 2012-10-18 17:33:59 |Display all floors
This post was edited by mywonderland at 2012-10-18 17:35

I just got married. I haven’t got pregnant. However, I am desperate to have more than two babies. Because I feel scared.

Recently, I read a news report about over a million Chinese families lost their only adult children, end up with an empty nest.

These parents are mostly in their 50s. For over 20 years, they had lived happily with their only children. Just as they started to prepare new homes and dowry for their progeny, unexpected calamities took away lives of these children. From then on, they have been living with sufferings and pangs of pain unimaginable to other people: at their age, it is practically impossible for them to conceive again. On festive occasions for reunion of the extended family, they avoid relatives and friends, as it agonizes them to see people enjoying quality time. But images of their children remain clear and distinct in their minds and often make them tearful. They call themselves “the childless.”

How are they going to spend their remaining years? They don’t know and wouldn’t know it. I can understand how painful they are, because I am only one child in my family.

I was shocked by the number of such families and feel really sad for these parents who obey this country’s policy and eventually nobody could take care of them when they lost their only one child. The most tragic thing for them is they have to suffer from the pain of losing their child during the rest of their life and wait until natural death coming to them.

What a tragedy they have been undergoing! I feel life is so weak that you wouldn’t know when accidents or fatal disease might happen to you. I can’t imagine how my parents can survive if they lost me. Since I read the news report, I began to get an idea of having more babies, more than one baby. Such thought is so strong that I am willing to sacrifice my career life for my children.

Because my husband and I both grow up in cities, it means we both have City Hukou. He is not only one child in his family. In other words, we are not allowed to have two babies. Otherwise, we may get fired by our companies and get greatly fined. But I really want to have more than two babies, or as many as possible. The right of giving birth to more than one baby is prohibited in China.

What can I do in China if I want to give birth to more than two babies? Could you please tell me?

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2012-10-18 17:57:30 |Display all floors
Reminder: Author is prohibited or removed, and content is automatically blocked

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2012-10-18 18:21:01 |Display all floors
how about adopting? i would like to adopt if i have no trouble financially.
(this hidden signature can only be seen by myself)

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2012-10-18 18:42:26 |Display all floors
Reminder: Author is prohibited or removed, and content is automatically blocked

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2012-10-18 18:44:31 |Display all floors
This post was edited by river16 at 2012-10-18 18:45
Recently, I read a news report about over a million Chinese families lost their only adult children, end up with an empty nest.

set your mind at ease. vehicle accidents and cancers are the main reasons that people lost their lives. it's universal in any country on this planet. as long as you be vigilant and live a healthy life, you can reduce the risk to minimum.

of course, having more than one child is better. at least they won't be lonely during the time they growing up. they can have mum dad, and siblings. that would be an ideal family. for my generation, we are all the only child so we are missing the part of family.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2012-10-18 18:51:48 |Display all floors
raton Post time: 2012-10-18 18:42
She want to cook her own ..! Dint know males can adopt children’s in China..?

there's no reason to prohibit adopting. the birth control policy only limits your biological children.

Use magic tools Report

Glod Medal August's Best Writer 2012

Post time 2012-10-18 19:08:35 |Display all floors
river16 Post time: 2012-10-18 18:51
there's no reason to prohibit adopting. the birth control policy only limits your biological child ...

Use magic tools Report

You can't reply post until you log in Log in | register

BACK TO THE TOP
Contact us:Tel: (86)010-84883548, Email: blog@chinadaily.com.cn
Blog announcement:| We reserve the right, and you authorize us, to use content, including words, photos and videos, which you provide to our blog
platform, for non-profit purposes on China Daily media, comprising newspaper, website, iPad and other social media accounts.