Author: messi30

Do Chinese People are really friendly to anyone?   [Copy link] 中文

Post time 2012-10-21 13:39:37 |Display all floors
robert237 Post time: 2012-10-21 13:32
Thanks honkam. I am still waiting to hear what was the root cause of my friend's death.

I'm sure that will come out in due time,  

just reminds us to cherish what we have ,instead of what we don't have.

Like what Expatter said last night.

Use magic tools Report

2015 Most Popular Member Medal

Post time 2012-10-21 13:47:28 |Display all floors
honkam Post time: 2012-10-20 21:39
I'm sure that will come out in due time,  

just reminds us to cherish what we have ,instead of wh ...

Absolutely. When you get an email from a friend one week and the next week he is dead it makes you
realize how lucky you are to just be alive and how trivial your daily problems really are.
If capitalism promotes innovation and creativity then why aren't scientists and artists the richest people in a capitalist nation?

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2012-10-22 14:51:04 |Display all floors
daisy110 Post time: 2012-10-18 14:41
you got the point ,as a chinese ,I usually think we chinese behaved more friendly and kind to the fo ...

because of the foreigners  as scare polite monneys walking on the street at some time,lol!so,we must show our polite attitude to foreigners just like we were foreigner monkeys in abroad city.
I love China and hometown

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2012-10-22 21:01:17 |Display all floors
maybe you think too much... chinese  don't wanna demonstrate that they care about their friend's wife, it is not common to  ask the co-worker"how is your wife?" ,because the implication might be that the one who asks this question is close to the lady...china tend to think the extended meaning...  they just wanna to be friendly to you by keeping a distance from your wife.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2012-10-23 03:43:50 |Display all floors
Robert - is that really you?? u r not a native english speaker so im surprised if u r really white. u do look like u have downs syndrome as well as being hideously ugly.

ur wife also mings sth chronic. the body language says she has no affection  for you and used to be a hooker.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2012-10-23 08:19:10 |Display all floors
raton Post time: 2012-10-17 11:15
There is an element of resentment amongst Chinese married to foreigners and whilst I am married to a ...

Sometimes I have that feeling, looks like there is a resentment in some Chinese among them for their social, marital and/or economic status and it made me upset. I prefer to have same treatment as her and to have things clear.
Thank you for your comment here.
Denial, according the psychoanalysts, is one of the most primary mechanisms of defense. It consists in the attitude of denying or minimizing obvious facts of reality with which the individual can´t  cope or whose irresponsibility is unable to meet.

And I agree.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2012-10-23 08:22:55 |Display all floors
greatlady Post time: 2012-10-17 18:17

You got some of my points. Some of the reasons why sometimes I take my wife in some work meetings is for what you said, I don’t want to be cheated from some bad suppliers. In the past I used to have Chinese employees and translators, most of them I have a great memories, very nice guys and always reliable guys but unfortunately very few of them were doing side works, asking and collecting commission in my back. In other occasions the suppliers in front of me offered my guys commissions if they make possible the confirmation of the purchase, obviously the price I got was affected for the extra commission, I meant I was over charge. Maybe for that reason some suppliers dislike the presence of my wife in some deals, very bad and very unprofessional.

The time my wife got a bad treatment from the security guard, we decided to visit the management office to complaint that guard. When we got that office the guy in charge wasn’t there, the employee called the manager by radio and we heard how upset he answer the call, he said he was busy and we should wait, all in very rude manner, so we decided to wait and after more than half of hour waiting the guy appeared, as soon he saw me, he smiled and treated us in a very nice way, after we reported the event he promised us to take care about it and he added saying that he didn’t want me to get bad impression of Chinese people for this problem, silly man, he already showed us by radio how rude and upset he was when he was called to attend us.
Denial, according the psychoanalysts, is one of the most primary mechanisms of defense. It consists in the attitude of denying or minimizing obvious facts of reality with which the individual can´t  cope or whose irresponsibility is unable to meet.

And I agree.

Use magic tools Report

You can't reply post until you log in Log in | register

BACK TO THE TOP
Contact us:Tel: (86)010-84883548, Email: blog@chinadaily.com.cn
Blog announcement:| We reserve the right, and you authorize us, to use content, including words, photos and videos, which you provide to our blog
platform, for non-profit purposes on China Daily media, comprising newspaper, website, iPad and other social media accounts.