Author: Charlotte2012

Why do foreigners date ugly Chinese girls?   [Copy link] 中文

Post time 2012-10-18 15:29:14 |Display all floors
Guess it depends what you are looking for... if you want a trophy-wife to show off, you'll go for the hottest chick in town and try to make it. But if you are looking for a potential mother of your children, you'll still take someone you find attractive - but you'll value other qualities more.

I don't think the perception of beauty is very different between China and other places. Chinese stars try to make themselves look like western stars and so on - our world's beauty standard is pretty much everywhere the same, as long as people have TV. Thin girls with small faces, larger eyes, good body shape and good skin appear to be the most attractive everywhere.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2012-10-19 14:08:56 |Display all floors
Perhaps Lao Wai are just those very benevolent and down to earth persons who restrained as they are always will give right of admittance to the Chinese men choosing the most beautifully women first. Lao Wai will then settle for that what is here referred to as ugly woman and live happily ever after.
So we have 4 happy parties here;

Happy Chinese man
Happy beautiful Chinese Woman
Happy Lao Wai (stupid)
Happy ugly Chinese Woman (ugly Duckling)  

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2012-10-19 15:45:30 |Display all floors
This post was edited by Laowai2? at 2012-10-19 15:45
RENREW Post time: 2012-10-19 14:08
Perhaps Lao Wai are just those very benevolent and down to earth persons who restrained as they are  ...

What a sad reflection on Chinese men.... and so disrespectful to Chinese women.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2012-10-19 17:09:51 |Display all floors
once more i bow to the wisdom of senica . i per
every body writes on walls but me

Use magic tools Report

August's Best Writer 2012

Post time 2012-10-19 17:38:45 |Display all floors
the first time I came across with my chinese friend in Greece who was my first teacher,looking at her I was thinking ,oh my God how her husband chose her to be his wife.Was he that desperate?
I guessed that her husband should be an old and uly guy.When after many months met him then my surprise was even bigger when I saw that he was a young and well built one,not handsome but definitely not ugly at all.
Now?I can not believe that this is the same lady in my eyes.Now she looks pretty to me ,she looks attractive .Am I the same person who had such an opinion about her?Yes I am the same but with different eyes.My eyes have to do with heart .The one who behaves nicely to us ,a person with a nice heart is always beautiful.I do not know the reality about her if she is ygly or pretty.Really is there some reality on that or reality is how somebody looks in our eyes?I have not found the answer yet
I really    love China,半个 中国 人

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2012-10-20 01:04:18 |Display all floors
Firstly, beauty is subjective.

Secondly,

could it be, that some foreigners care less about the package, but more about the content ?

Often the package implies a promise which cannot stand the test.
It is indeed very practical that the party is  judge, legislator, head of the army, executor  and  publisher  all in one in China.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2012-10-20 02:11:19 |Display all floors
bluenoser Post time: 2012-10-16 00:00
I see,here is one for the books.

bluenose.JPG

bluenose.JPG

Use magic tools Report

You can't reply post until you log in Log in | register

BACK TO THE TOP
Contact us:Tel: (86)010-84883548, Email: blog@chinadaily.com.cn
Blog announcement:| We reserve the right, and you authorize us, to use content, including words, photos and videos, which you provide to our blog
platform, for non-profit purposes on China Daily media, comprising newspaper, website, iPad and other social media accounts.