Views: 9700|Replies: 25

China's new Smart TV & set top Box are powered by US Broadcom chips. [Copy link] 中文

Post time 2012-10-12 00:39:13 |Display all floors
Reminder: Author is prohibited or removed, and content is automatically blocked

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2012-10-12 00:57:05 |Display all floors
There are a lot of STB/HDMI Sticks/minipcs & tablets powered by Chinese chips like AllWinnerTech/Rockchips. See "UG802" "MK802" "Teclast" "Onda" etc (Currently writing from one of such). Although I agree, Chinese companies should avoid using US chipsets as much as possible.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2012-10-12 01:15:01 |Display all floors
My clothes are made in China, my laptop is made in China, my mobile phone is made in China and even my lunch was made in China. Now some computer chips are designed in the US (and made in Taiwan) - what's the problem? Welcome to the globalized world.
China IS devloping more and more R&D capabilities - it just takes time (and not government intervention). China's on a good way, manman lai ;)

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2012-10-12 01:21:54 |Display all floors
This post was edited by vvuvv at 2012-10-12 01:25
Everynowhere Post time: 2012-10-12 01:15
My clothes are made in China, my laptop is made in China, my mobile phone is made in China and even  ...

The problem is that US is banning Chinese companies. So China should respond with the same. Clear enough?

Also, A lot of good chipsets are devloped in China. As I said, It includes AllWinnerTech/Rockchips/AMLogic/HiSilicon and many others.  The performance of most of them is in pair with the newest US/Taiwanesse chipsets. (Some even exceed)

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2012-10-12 02:35:20 |Display all floors

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2012-10-12 02:35:57 |Display all floors

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2012-10-12 04:50:18 |Display all floors
This post was edited by vvuvv at 2012-10-12 05:14
BigWang Post time: 2012-10-12 02:35
Those are not for the sophisticated new generation "Smart TV", alot more challenging.

I am not sure I am completely understanding. They are much more than needed to run Android/Google TV.They can decode any content up to 2160p in hardware. (Most of them are running pure Android though, Not Google TV, Although for some it is even better since it has less limitations.)
Even on my RK3066 tablet I can connect it by HDMI to my TV and watch FullHD IPTV channels/Browse the internet/Flash/HTML5 without problems. Of course you can connect wireless mouse/keyboard/air mouse/remote controller to it/Simply use the touch screen (Dual Output is available)

Use magic tools Report

You can't reply post until you log in Log in | register

BACK TO THE TOP
Contact us:Tel: (86)010-84883548, Email: blog@chinadaily.com.cn
Blog announcement:| We reserve the right, and you authorize us, to use content, including words, photos and videos, which you provide to our blog
platform, for non-profit purposes on China Daily media, comprising newspaper, website, iPad and other social media accounts.