Views: 13191|Replies: 25

Do women prefer nice guys or jerks?   [Copy link] 中文

Post time 2012-10-9 17:12:12 |Display all floors
This post was edited by lookcherry at 2012-10-9 17:22

Women say they want a nice guy, yet usually end up dating bad boys. Why is that?

Most of my guy friends believe women prefer jerks over nice guys. And that the only way to truly become a Don Juan with women is to turn into some type of jerk (or atleast exhibit some jerk-like tendencies every once in a while).

I talked about it to my girl friends. They also admit that there’s something about jerks thatintrigues them. And they can usually recall a number of past experiences wherethey were being hotly pursued by a "really nice guy" but, forwhatever reason, were just not attracted to him.

I suddenly realizedthat the same problem happened to me before. I met a nice guy. He was quite into me. However, I was not interested in him at all. I thought he was like asticky chick. At that moment, I was attracted by another bad guy, a total jerk.

Being a woman, Ican't understand why women don't prefer nice guys. The reason might be because niceguys are too nice. No one can always be that nice unless they’re a saint. Theyare busy being nice instead of being real and we instinctually don’t trust that. Bad boys “keep it real”. Nice guys don’t want to upset the apple cart.

Or, it might be humanbeing lead boring, predictable lives, so we’re attracted to people who areexciting and a bit unpredictable. Bad boys are always a challenge. Nice guysare never a challenge. Predictable + No excitement + No challenge = I prefer abad boy.

Or, because womenare designed to nurture, I mean, Mother Nature. However, instead of doing thiswith children, we often end up doing it with bad boys. We think our love willsave them. Nice guys rarely need to be saved.

What do you think about this problem? I look forward to hearing your thoughts and comments.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2012-10-9 21:01:32 |Display all floors
The only answer is to sample the jerk(s) and once you have had your fingers burned (or heart broken) you will realise that the nice guy is the one to marry.

Use magic tools Report

August's Best Writer 2012

Post time 2012-10-9 21:27:18 |Display all floors
only good guys.
I really    love China,半个 中国 人

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2012-10-10 14:16:50 |Display all floors
It depends on how to define "good" or "bad". Nice guys can still cheat on you.

Use magic tools Report

2018 Most Popular Member 2016 Most Popular Member Glod Medal 2015 Most Popular Member 2012's Best Moderator Medal of honor August's Best Contributor 2012 July's Best Contributor 2012 Gold Medal

Post time 2012-10-10 15:06:16 |Display all floors
blueeyes.yu Post time: 2012-10-10 14:16
It depends on how to define "good" or "bad". Nice guys can still cheat on you.

it's not only guys that cheat

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2012-10-10 23:25:01 |Display all floors
i cant tell.

as a nice guy i failed.

as a 'jerk' i failed too.

i think it depends, be good to your partner and be a jerk when he/she needs you to be.
(this hidden signature can only be seen by myself)

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2012-10-11 10:44:28 |Display all floors
river16 Post time: 2012-10-10 23:25
i cant tell.

as a nice guy i failed.

good point. seems you v leant valuable lesson from your relationship.

Use magic tools Report

You can't reply post until you log in Log in | register

BACK TO THE TOP
Contact us:Tel: (86)010-84883548, Email: blog@chinadaily.com.cn
Blog announcement:| We reserve the right, and you authorize us, to use content, including words, photos and videos, which you provide to our blog
platform, for non-profit purposes on China Daily media, comprising newspaper, website, iPad and other social media accounts.